The Warsman

Rhino, Red Hulk and the Thing BIG FIGS (works in progress)

tu2g.jpg

llx5.jpg

k9d6.jpg

l5fk.jpg

fmkb.jpg

c2vx.jpg

svh5.jpg

obil.jpg

dlew.jpg

*************************************************************************************************************************************

updated:

9ejy.jpg

Still need to paint Rhino's face and feet, and continue to cut in rocklines for the Thing. Red Hulk is done, I'll take and post better pics once the three are finished.

More pics at: http://imgur.com/a/mjUgY

Hi gang,

I have had many days off work due to the holidays and now inclimate weather days, sooooo, I molded and casted my Lego Hulk to make some more big figs of my own!

I'm starting with theThing, Red Hulk and the Rhino first. I just sculpted on some details and waiting for them to harden. The Thing will have his craggy rock lines Dremeled in very soon. You might see a couple of other projects peeking out from behind the big guys!

8eq1.jpg

Check out several more pics here:

http://www.flickr.co...07/11844052644/

Edited by The Warsman

Those look really cool and good, you gonna paint them or?

Edited by Mencot

These show a great deal of promise. I can't wait to see the finished product... I did have a question though - You said that you molded Hulk; what material/product did you cast these out of?

These show a great deal of promise. I can't wait to see the finished product... I did have a question though - You said that you molded Hulk; what material/product did you cast these out of?

I use "Dragonskin Q" to make my rubber molds, I can't recommend it enough. I use regular old Alumilite resin to cast the piece. It's funny, the solid resin piece feels about the same weight as the hollow Lego Hulk piece. I thought my cast piece piece would be a heavy paperweight.

Those look really cool and good, you gonna paint them or?

Yes, of course. They would look silly otherwise. :laugh:

I finished the Red Hulk:

9ejy.jpg

Still need to paint Rhino's face and feet, and continue to cut in rocklines for the Thing. Red Hulk is done, I'll take and post better pics once the three are finished.

More pics at: http://imgur.com/a/mjUgY

Thanks for looking!

Thanks everybody for the encouraging comments!

Everybody's favorite lovable pile of orange rocks is coming along!

dvmp.jpg

bl4l.jpg

fm4l.jpg

3tz0.jpg

evd3.jpg

And I finished Rhino last night (well, nearly, need to work on the small horn!), better pics when Thing is finished:

qgfq.jpg

75yz.jpg

2oab.jpg

Rhino looks great, too! And the marbling (or whatever you want to call the dremmeled lines in the Thing) look fantastic. Can't wait to see them all lined up when they are done!

Woah, these are truely amazing. I've never seen bigfig customs before. Fantastic job!

I want to see high quality photos of these high quality customs. ;P

Yeah, these are crappy ipad pics, I will take some better ones tonight when I (hopefully) finish the Thing.

Do you plan on making any different ones? Are you just making the one of each or do you plan on making some extra cash?!!

Do you plan on making any different ones? Are you just making the one of each or do you plan on making some extra cash?!!

My son has requested Juggernaut and Venom, and I want to try Kingpin. As far as selling, please shoot me a PM, we can talk there. This thread is only for displaying and talking about my customs, thanks! :)

Such quality! I was afraid that once they were colored and printed that they wouldn't look so good but I can safely say that these look nearly identical to LEGO! I can't wait to see better pictures of these masterpieces. :wub:

My son has requested Juggernaut and Venom, and I want to try Kingpin. As far as selling, please shoot me a PM, we can talk there. This thread is only for displaying and talking about my customs, thanks! :)

To be honest, I was just intrigued. But you may have a PM coming your way soon!

Still waiting on those photos ;).

If I were to nitpick... keep in mind these are great and I nitpick everything...

The Rhino is the best one so far. I'd blame the paint. It's got a smooth paint texture and isn't as shiny. The Red Hulk and Thing look shinier than usual.

Also what method do you use? How the crap did you make these? I always feel that the best custom minifigures likes like never reveal how they're made. :P

These are very good and look like real lego. The one thing I don't like is the Thing's colour, the orange is to dark, you loose some of the detail because of that.