Rick

71006 The Simpsons House (Press Release)

I finished building it earlier today and I must say it is a fantastic display piece, I'm actually surprised at how heavy the completed model is, it has a fair bit of weight to it. IMO its well worth the buy, a big thanks to Marcos Bessa for yet another fantastic designed set, I'm so pleased with the final outcome. :classic:

My purchase will have to wait, my car decided that it needs some (unscheduled) maintenance. :sceptic:

I would have had two but one of them got stolen from my front door, so I am screwed and there is nothing I can do.

Are you sure? Sometimes they deliver to the wrong house and it's shown as "delivered". Lucky for me my various neighbors have always eventually given it to me saying it was sent to them by mistake.

I discovered issues with the piano until I realised that I had placed it too close to the wall, it is perfectly placed now so shouldn't move unless applied with force, so to those who are having issues make sure that you have placed the piano correctly as shown in the instructions (back part of the plate under the piano onto the 2x2 flat with connector piece, instead of applying the piano directly into the middle of the 2x2 if that makes any sense :grin:) :classic:

Glad someone figured it out! ;)

This is a great Lego house, and it successfully captures the spirit of the show. But, I am a little bummed out that the floor plan does not match up with that from the show. It is missing the dinning room, living room, Maggie’s room, a bathroom or two, and the rumpus room.

Thank you everyone for help with the piano (non) issue, and especially to Marcos for taking the time to reply! I'm feeling very silly now since I have moved it away from the wall and it seems to be working perfectly. I guess I was just being stubborn and had it in my head that it MUST go there and that it just wasn't working, when all I had to do was move it forward.

Thanks again Marcos! You have no idea how excited I am that Simpsons Lego is an actual thing I own. I hope this sells well and we'll be able to see more Simpsons related sets designed by you in the near future. Keep up the great work!

My girlfriend and I finished building the set this past Sunday. We both loved it. There are tons of little extras and hidden gems in the rooms and not having any City/Creator experience, loved all the little furniture items, like the beds and piano. It's as close to a dollhouse as I'll ever get, but it's very misleading when you look at all the beige bricks from outside. Then crack the wall and open it up and there's a near whole complete world inside (that reminds, I love the toilet in it). My only complaint would be lack of printed plates - I like the Radioactive Man comic and Lisa's A+ paper, but felt more elements should have been printed. Oh, and the faces needed more animation - this was particularly noticeable when looking at the faces on the box. They should smile more and maybe the pupils should be centered.

Otherwise, an amazing set that I recommend getting.

I was really hoping for a review of this ( great ) set here on EB like not long after the release.

Anyone having one on its way ?

Ive kind of gotten used to the high quality of the reviews on this site, and the way its delivered. So i havent bothered looking for another on other sites. But im beginning to crave.

Please, Just2Good, tell me its on its way ? :devil:

Ive kind of gotten used to the high quality of the reviews on this site, and the way its delivered. So i havent bothered looking for another on other sites. But im beginning to crave.

Please, Just2Good, tell me its on its way ? :devil:

Aww, I still have to finish my last review on RA bud. Maybe when I'm done with that, I can make a pictorial review of this amazing set. But, I expect a staff member to review this set tomorrow anyways. :wink:

@ Themadpatter - the heads aren't that weird. The only thing that really throws them off is eyes (or more accurately the eyelids). If the pupils were positioned more in the center, each one would be perfect. Otherwise, the paint and plastic are both good. I was surprised that it was a hard plastic. I would say the set is still completely worth getting.

@ Themadpatter - the heads aren't that weird. The only thing that really throws them off is eyes (or more accurately the eyelids). If the pupils were positioned more in the center, each one would be perfect. Otherwise, the paint and plastic are both good. I was surprised that it was a hard plastic. I would say the set is still completely worth getting.

Thanks for the Reply.

I guess that's fine now, because since Homer has a normal face, everyone else will :D

MOC UCS Simpsons house realistic plan WIP.

http://www.eurobrick...9

4096 x 3072 AA

*snip*

4k UHD Lego 71006 LDD Simpsons house realistic plan WIP by Nachapon S., on Flickr

I'm doing something similar but there's a problem. The house is bigger on the inside!

Once you make the house have the correct rooms, have rooms of roughly the correct size, etc the outside of the house goes way beyond minifigure scale. You can kind of see it in that picture. This thing goes to mansion sizes practically. When scenes of the outside of the house show the house is clearly around the right size as the official set, minus the garage and lack of room above the garage. Really when you compare the scale compared to the characters... even if taken liberally you can't raise the size that much, certainly not enough to fit all the rooms that are roughly to scale. Even factoring in that minifigures are shorter and wider. Factoring in everything there is only one realistic scenario. Homer is a Time Lord and his house is a Tardis!

aWyJoRc.png

The official set isn't too far off size wise from the normal house. At least how it is depicted in the cartoon. Again, the garage could be bigger and it lacks the room above the garage.

It seems to me you can either have a minifigure scale inside with all the rooms OR a minifigure scale outside. You cannot seem to have both! Darned Tardises!

Edited by CorneliusMurdock
Removed quoted picture

Aww, I still have to finish my last review on RA bud. Maybe when I'm done with that, I can make a pictorial review of this amazing set. But, I expect a staff member to review this set tomorrow anyways. :wink:

2 reviews aint bad either. Looking forward to both of them. Thanks for the quick reply. :classic:

Silly question:

how many sausages do you have? In the book it says you should have three, but on the pictures there are only two and I only have two?!

Silly question:

how many sausages do you have? In the book it says you should have three, but on the pictures there are only two and I only have two?!

Have you included the one you used for barts lamp ? ... Thats the third one imo.

Have you included the one you used for barts lamp ? ... Thats the third one imo.

O yes, now I see it. I am now building bag 6 and didn't see or expect it could be in bag 7...

Thanks!

O yes, now I see it. I am now building bag 6 and didn't see or expect it could be in bag 7...

Thanks!

Just glad to be helpfull. :classic:

Is possible that someone here could do a fridge design for the kitchen? I feel it's quite an important piece that wasn't considered for the set.

Here's how it looks in the show:

tumblr_l2ozbhlVcb1qbye7fo1_500.png

I'm sure someone can do a better job than a bunch of 3x2's stacked on top of each other like I will probably do if I have no alternative, i'm not very good at designing things myself.

I intend to replace the far right set of drawers shown here:

12135889664_4f7edecf4a.jpg