Rick

71006 The Simpsons House (Press Release)

I just share the LDD file of Unofficial 71006 The Simpsons House Roof MOD and more. It should be almost same as the official one.

Link: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=90739

Flickr original 4K UHD pic size (4096 x 3072) AA.

11966198495_1dc87028a5_c.jpg

4K Youtube Unofficial LDD 71006 The Simpsons House Roof MOD and more 9 by Nachapon S., on Flickr

11958624605_ae8e872e8b_n.jpg 11947178154_ec49ecc6cb_n.jpg 11941647665_6234632643_n.jpg

11933813814_fdc31e1e5c_n.jpg 11976996754_5fcc4cf43c_n.jpg 11933625673_4ebccd2201_n.jpg

Youtube Unofficial LDD 71006 The Simpsons House Roof MOD and more by Nachapon S., on Flickr

Edited by bbqqq

i always love the simpson..great home plus all main family characters are compiled in all one sets.. hmmm will there be another character minifig variant in another sets? #wondering..

Release Date here in Germany is 17.01.2014 aka tomorrow.

I just walked by my local LEGO store and there it was.

11986947724_a82de266da_c.jpg

11987402096_12ebc79a35_c.jpg

It's up alright. Too bad there's a 20 euro mark-up in my country -_-

It would be a nice birthday present though

Still doubting whether I'll buy this. I like the house, but don't have that much going with the Simpsons. And why do we have a €20 markup to our German neighbors? It is not that far to the Legostore in Oberhausen... :sceptic:

Still doubting whether I'll buy this. I like the house, but don't have that much going with the Simpsons. And why do we have a €20 markup to our German neighbors? It is not that far to the Legostore in Oberhausen... :sceptic:

Really? Normally It's a €30 mark up (X-Wing, Orthanc). Because of 21% tax in the Netherlands opposed to the regular 19% in Europe.

Just go buy It in Oberhausen...

Edited by Orange Leader

Set is readily available at the Fairview Mall and Sherway Gardens locations in Toronto, Canada. VIP early access until Feb. 1 for everyone else.

Got the email about it as most VIPs in the US too!

AC

11999137376_b3ffb998d4_c.jpg

I haven't let myself buy it yet.

I really want to do a proper house without the missing rooms and stuff, but minifigure scaling a house is kind of difficult due to minifigure proportions being short and stubby and the poor definitions (and lack of sticking to them) in the Simpson's house schematics.

I mean, in order to have the rooms the right size and throw in the missing rooms (like that stuff above the garage) AND be able to fit two cars in the garage and stuff... it would literally make this house like 150-200% the size. Which would be too big for the much shorter minifigures.

Their house is like the Tardis. It's often portrayed pretty small when they're outside of it. But then when they're inside of it there's suddenly bigger rooms and some vanish and reappear as the writers see fit. :P

It's a difficult house to duplicate properly. I'd need to buy two of them too.

Just placed for an order at lego.com.

The first time I saw the press release, I thought to myself, "I HAVE TO HAVE THIS!" but then I really haven't been watching the show for a long time... I still went ahead and got it because I thought this was a really cool piece worth having it.

I get a redirect to the Shop homepage when I look for the set. Not good, I was gonna order it as I'm probably not going to be able to go in person to get it :(

-Sci

is this a limitied set? if not will it sell out quickly? i am hoping it will not be to difficult to get

I don't think it's limited. They might have a limited stock right now but I figure they'll be making this set for at least a year. Then decide if Lego Simpsons failed or not (or decide earlier if it fails badly) to see if they want to continue making it.

Really? Normally It's a €30 mark up (X-Wing, Orthanc). Because of 21% tax in the Netherlands opposed to the regular 19% in Europe.

Just go buy It in Oberhausen...

You're right, but a 2% difference in taxes does not explain a €20 (or €30) difference in the price tag :wink:

We'll go to Oberhausen again in February, and undoubtedly visit the LegoStore when we're there, I'll make up my mind then.

You're right, but a 2% difference in taxes does not explain a €20 (or €30) difference in the price tag :wink:

I was aware of that, but that's how TLG rolls with tax increasement and I suppose we have to deal with It as citizens of the Netherlands.