llenroccc

Problem of part Shell 4514698 - 10243 Parisian Restaurant

For the part 4514698, the shell, the two sides can not stay close. They always open after I close them.

I wonder if anyone run into the same problem as me? Any solution? I have to glue them?

Thanks!

I had the same problem, one stayed closed, the other popped open after a couple of seconds. I found that bending the flat sections nearest to where it folds inwards toward each other and then closing it works. It has remained closed. If not then order 2 more from Customer Services.

I thought mine were like that as well, but they just hadn't popped properly into place. That can be a bit fiddly.

I got the one that won't stay. I'm going to just glue it since its never coming off the building anyways.

I glued it since I would never use it for some other purpose.

I got the one that won't stay. I'm going to just glue it since its never coming off the building anyways.

I have the same issue with one of them. I ordered a replacement from the lego customer service (broken parts).

I had exactly this problem too. There is a very simple solution - hold it closed under a hot hairdryer for a few seconds. The heat softens the plastic at the join a little, and it will then take up its closed shape rather than trying to pop open. No glue, no change in appearance, quick and no hassle

I thought mine were like that as well, but they just hadn't popped properly into place. That can be a bit fiddly.

Same here: took a while to get them to click in the right way so they stayed closed!