alois

Restaurant 'Le Parisien'

Built for the

Lowlug contest 'Modular MOC Madness', this Lego modular building combines the theme of the Parisian restaurant set with my own take on a Parisian building. Walking in Paris a week ago, I noticed that almost all buildings were made of sandstone, and thus tan in colour, and none of them in the colours olive and white. So I made my own Parisian restaurant. The layout is reminiscent of the Green Grocer, the business being reached from the street and the apartments from a separate larger entrance. The lower floor has the restaurant, with kitchen and restroom; the second floor has an apartment with bedroom and bathroom; the third floor is not furnished but could also be used as an apartment.

The exterior:

11820283036_b1347b12f6_c.jpg

Some details:

11819777613_07f7407038_c.jpg

11819919134_b23c2c254b_c.jpg

The different floors:

11819767663_82e06a7682_c.jpg

Interior:

11819496075_e3a97a034f_c.jpg

Apartment:

11819912564_18f59a2e90_c.jpg

Backside:

11819770943_1f36641361_c.jpg

More on Flickr.

This is great! I love especially the details on the facade, the door to the apartments on the ground level and the restaurant interior! It looks really French. Although - wouldn't they serve a different menu than pizza in Paris? :wink:

Actually they are really fond of pizza in France.

On topic: Whoah, what a nice build! Love the exterior, but inside is also lovely done. I especially liked how you did the fire pits with the dj tiles. And the droid torsos on the facade are also very clever used!

wouldn't they serve a different menu than pizza in Paris? :wink:

Plenty of pizza restaurants on the Champ Élysées in Paris...

Great build and a nice bit of competition for Chez Albert!

Cheers

Rog

I think LEGO's take was not to make a Parisian Restaurant that was specifically in France, but to make one somewhere else with French style food. Anyway, your take is excellent! You took a lot of risks; the droid body, the minifigure legs, tons of SNOT, blocky awning, etc. But it seems to work and flow together beautifully. Great job!

Excellent build! I love the facade and those are a great use of the droid bodies. The kitchen interior is really well executed.

I tip my hat to you...

I didn't realise they were droid bodies until later, I don't own Star Wars sets but got them from a tan bulk pack.

Wonderful modular building!! I love the exterior, it definitely has a very Parisian feel to it! There are definitely some interesting pieces used there that work really well! The interior is really well done too, some clever little builds in there...

Great work overall, happy building :laugh:

Nice build. Lots of new and original ideas/techniques. Well... New to me anyway.

Wow...this is brilliant. The architecture has been designed down to a tee. I love the use of the tan elements to detail your facade, especially the tan minfig legs at the window framing.

You must have hit the BL stores hard for all those non-conventional tan pieces! :tongue:

You must have hit the BL stores hard for all those non-conventional tan pieces! :tongue:

I didn't buy anything from bricklink for this MOC. The more exotic pieces are from sets or from a second hands tan parts pack I bought at a Lego convention in Hardenberg.

Really nice work! I saw your town layout a while ago, probably from EB but I'm not sure. It is one of the best I have seen, I really enjoyed it. I agree with you about the sandstone buildings in Paris and you have caught the spirit of the street-side patio quite nicely.

... The more exotic pieces are from sets or from a second hands tan parts pack I bought at a Lego convention in Hardenberg.

...We have a Lego-convention in The Netherlands???

I think LEGO's take was not to make a Parisian Restaurant that was specifically in France, but to make one somewhere else with French style food. Anyway, your take is excellent! You took a lot of risks; the droid body, the minifigure legs, tons of SNOT, blocky awning, etc. But it seems to work and flow together beautifully. Great job!

Wasn't the actual inspiration for the PR a "French styled" French Restaurant that Jamie knew in New England?

I really like the building. I think you really captured well the Parisian look. The facade work is simply marvelous. I really like the design of your tent.

While I do not want to abuse from your kindness, it would be great if you could make a close up picture of the front door? It looks outstanding but we cannot really see it from the pictures you submitted. .

While I do not want to abuse from your kindness, it would be great if you could make a close up picture of the front door? It looks outstanding but we cannot really see it from the pictures you submitted. .

You can see more pictures on Flickr, including a close up of the gate which I assume is the front door, you are talking about.

Alois, this is a really beautiful building. The French balconies on the 1st floor are really what I associate with a Parisian/French building. Great work on the details of the facade.

Edited by laka

What a beautiful French building. The attention to detail is amazing. I love the front door to the apartments, the use of the frog as a door handle, the detailing above the windows. There are too many things...