Bayou

[MOC] Home one desk in perspective

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hi,

Last month I worked on a MOC for TechLUG contest about Death star attack. I tried to do something new. My aim was to create a view of Home One desk with Endor and the Death Star II. I havn't enough bricks to do all this at the same scale (and obviously for making endor and the DS at minifig scale ! :laugh: ).

I tried to do a perspective but without cheating on computer by working on the picture and the background.

All the perspective is real when you are standing in front of the MOC.

You have 3 size of X-Wing, 4 of A-wing, 3 of minifigs,...(the minifig scale A-Wing and X-wing are just MOD because of contest deadline, and also because I like the A-Wing design actually.)

As some ones told me, the walls are too clean, not enough greebs. I had only 2 months to find an idea and create it during spare times.

Here are the pictures...

3_4_droite_haut_zps181441aa.jpg

face_haut_zpsdda1fe8b.jpg

face_raslesol_zps93e830b1.jpg

3_4_droite_zpsbb3f77e3.jpg

pano_face_zpsb5741be7.jpg

xwing_face_zpseb0d97ff.jpg

cockpit_zps957ebd8c.jpg

portearriere_zps5e74166d.jpg

bwing_macro_zpsf18e7ac9.jpg

gauche_macro_haut_zpsf4cc64a8.jpg

Here is the smaller guy on the deck...juste in front an A-Wing on fire!

petit_gars_zps1010c191.jpg

And here is how it is constructed.

lenversdudecor_zps018ca702.jpg

Looks great! :thumbup:

I suggest using a shallower depth of field, if you're able to. Blurring the background more will make the forced-perspective more realistic and partially mask the issue of walls that are too clean, although you'll of course lose some of the background detail.

This is one incredible creation!

The hangar bay looks really good (although the walls are kinda boring), and you've got some great mini ships in there. I like the second largest version of the A-wing a lot! And congratulations with that DS II !

I like the fact so much is going on here. The moving pilots, the crashing A-wing, the Star Destroyers floating by in the background... you've made a real scene here.

The idea of forced perspective is nice, but of course the phisycal restrictions of LEGO bricks stand in the way. Like the tiles you used for striping. In the end, they're just as wide as the people... You could go for SNOTted plates instead, so you can change the thickness of the striping. Also, the forest moon of Endor doesn't strike me as very realistic. Making it an actual sphere would help.

Still, congratulations. This is one of the best forced perspective builds I have seen to date!

That is really cool.

I wish I had the time and imagination to do something like that...

Personally I don't really mind the clean walls, I think it looks ok as it is.

... I like it a lot and may steal an idea or two for some of my future MOCs! :classic:

It is the best compliment!

That middle a-wing design looks very familiar. But...much better. PM sent.

I worked hard on this one. Where is yours ?

I wish I had the time ...to do something like that...

Yes, it is why I hadn't time to work more on several details like the walls...

You could go for SNOTted plates instead, so you can change the thickness of the striping. Also, the forest moon of Endor doesn't strike me as very realistic. Making it an actual sphere would help.

I thought about this, but again I was short on bricks and time, but I agreed, it would be better!

I suggest using a shallower depth of field, if you're able to. Blurring the background more will make the forced-perspective more realistic and partially mask the issue of walls that are too clean, although you'll of course lose some of the background detail.

Yes I understand what you mean. The MOC is nicer when you see it in real, I tried to make some picture in which you can look everywhere to find some details. I didn't want to forced the viewer to look at one specific place but let him free to explore the picture.

I think this is incredible. You have put so much thought into this. Great job!

I love the forced perspective idea on this moc, and the execution came out really well! I really like the crane and floor design, both came out really well.

I would have loved to see just as puny a TIE chasing the smoking a-wing!

I would have loved to see just as puny a TIE chasing the smoking a-wing!

he's not crazy and don't come too close to a desk full of A-wing and X-wing ... :wink:

It's a really cleaver idea, but the pictures don't really show off the technique very well.

I really like the A-Wing build :thumbup:.

haha cool! I like the depth you created, but the x-wing that flies out need to be smaller .

:thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice work on the forced perspective effect and the mini models!

Have you tried angling the top of the walls to match the angle of the grey half? What I mean to say, the front walls have a 50-50 ratio of white and grey, then the grey part of the wall drops of at an angle to create the perspective effect, but the white part doesn't follow. So in the end you have a 20-80 ratio of grey and white.

If you angled the top of the walls, that would be a home run i think