Revhead

Hello my name is Guy

Hi all my name is Guy and I live in Australia. My two sons are now devouring the bricks, I dont remember the colour of the floor in their room! I am hoping to use this as a source for inspiration as my oldest son is a scratch builder more than a kit builder. Where can he see other peoples work here?Secondly, as a creative professional, the introduction of lego into the house has inspired a small movie to do with my work. I work with cars, and the stop motion has been quite well recieved. Can you guys advise a novice where I can share it with this community?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Guy

Hi Guy (Revhead), welcome to world of Eurobricks!

Searching through the pages of Eurobricks is a great way to find other peoples work to admire, also there are many other sites round the web, such as MOCPages, Flickr and Brickshelf.

The best way to show off your movie making skills is to post a link and small write up about the movie here in Eurobricks.

Great to see another Aussie on the forums.

Keep on building

Hi Tim,

Thanks for the reply!

I will start to look around and learn the navigation of what goes where :)...

Ok cool, I will post it here for to check out and explain the 25 fps pain!!!!

Guy

Hi Eurobricks,

A little information about the lego brick film attached. I wanted to make a small movie about a certain drift car that is popular world wide. I also included a certain figure well known to the motoring community. Obviously i had to scratch build the Mazda RX7 as I couldn't see any kits for one. I also had to use figures, so the scale had to be close to correct for the figures. Now the car is far from perfect, but it was quite hard to build from the outside in! I made a seperate engine model for the close up of the rotary engine, and did my best to create 'smoke' from the car as it drifted around the corner. I wanted to use lego for the smoke to be authentic, and the sliding clouds seemed like the best answer. It seems to look ok and at 25 fps I got to move them quite a bit - simulating speed! Anyway I hope you like it, and ask me any questions if you want to know something!

Welcome the eurobricks! Excellent video, great smoke effects and good use of the Stig!