From the depths of Space and Time comes greatest heroes ever known before Bionicle began!

There's not much known about them, but Slizers (also known as Throwbots) won my heart from the first time I saw them in the catalogue.

After all these years, when I no longer possess any of the original sets, I decided to give a new life to once beloved characters. These MOCs are not targeted for intense game therefore there is no cogs and throwing discs. But instead, it's a mixture of brick-built bodies and Hero Factory limbs, combined together to bring the ultimate line of action figures, inspired by long-lost Lego theme, to life!

Behold! The Mini-Slizer!

Let's start from original eight Slizers, main antagonists/protagonists of the theme, caught in endless struggle over Planet Slizer and it's seven regions and Dome City.

8896603274_9680521e23_c.jpg

Mini-Slizer - Torch by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Sturdy hunchback Torch roams his fiery region, looking for any fuel he can consume. He uses his disc throwing hand and twin flamethrower to repel attacks of furious Lava Elementals.

8896603444_7bfb1cc3b0_c.jpg

Mini-Slizer - Scuba by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Scuba, the dweller of depth. He is riding torrents and streams in search for precious pearls. His diving suit and harpoon gun allows Scuba to easily avoid encounters with giant brain jellyfishes and other horrible monsters of water region.

8901763766_99ea43546f_c.jpg

Mini-Slizer - Ice by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Ice lives in an eternal movement, always descending from higher peaks of ice region on his trusty skis. Although his skiing pole is not the most intimidating weapon, he rarely get himself in a fight, preferring fast and daring escapes.

8901763666_8d7efce7f6_c.jpg

Mini-Slizer - Turbo Car by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Turbo, the city Slizer. Likes speed more than anything, that's probably why he's in good relationship with his neighbor Ice. If not for limited supplies of fuel, Turbo would race with monster trucks and wind forever.

8901151085_9da3f55dbb_c.jpg

Mini-Slizer - Turbo Robot by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Turbo also can transform himself into a bipedal form to communicate better with his teammates, but he prefers his car form over this one.

8815361111_dd1d19f894_c.jpg

Mini-Slizer - Judge by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Judge (aka Jet) is cunning and ominous adversary. He uses double throwing arms and twin rotor propellers to patrol Dome City from air, searching for tresspassers.

8896603584_eb1cf42f6b_c.jpg

Mini-Slizer - Amazon by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Amazon, the feral Jungle Slizer, is renown hunter, fearless and cold-blooded. He uses his katana both for cutting agressive treants in the swamps of jungle region and for cutting enemy limbs.

8895879029_55725b573d_c.jpg

Mini-Slizer - Electro by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Electro is more of an insect than a complete sentient Slizer, but it doesn't mean that he cannot outwit and electrify his prey. He feels better in the streams of Energy, constantly furrowing his region.

8895878671_d2ee9fe5e5_c.jpg

Mini-Slizer - Granite by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Granite is a crafty miner. He cannot stop digging, given that it's his only true passion. He even has small drills on his legs for more digging.

But at beginning of another millennium, out of nowhere appeared a giant asteroid that smashed into a Slizer Planet, destroying Energy, Jungle and Mountain regions.

From the ashes rose horrible abominations, Mutants. Blinded by rage, they began their crusade on remaining Slizer.

8905894264_2b56e58a68_c.jpg

Mini-Slizer - Mutants - Flare 1 by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Flare, the 'youngest' member of mutant team. Her actions determined not by her actual age, but by her dare-devil attitude. She always on the fly, enjoying diving on unaware enemy and snatching him by her sharp bird-like claws.

8905893910_8701655570_c.jpg

Mini-Slizer - Mutants - Spark by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Spark is cold-blooded as Amazon and Electro combined together (probably, she really is merged from those two). She possesses an arm shield that she uses to reflect any incoming shots back to her foes.

11291653163_0f7101dc37_c.jpg

Mini-Slizer - Mutants - Blaster by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

Blaster, unofficial leader of Mutants, biggest and baddest of them all. A towering brute, that can crush a Lava Element by flinging at it discs generated by his double throwing arm.

11291604464_6a7fa9c4dc_c.jpg

Mini-Slizer - Millenium by The Mugbearer, on Flickr

This Slizer do not know his past. Others know him as Millenium: a lone rider on the crushed roads of city region. Nobody have seen him without his abnormal bike. Scuba assumes that Millenium is not a Slizer, nor a Mutant, but something in between. He seem to struggle against transformation processes in his body, unwilling to become one of Blaster's gang, but he never officially opposed them in battle.

That's pretty much all! I owe some special thanks to LewiTaur for inspiring me with his LDD Slizer MOCs.

Copyrights time!

Ah yes, forgot to mention.

The models of Slizers (except for Mutants for now) are official character designs for Russian Project Slizer.

Edited by -N13OS-

Yup, very nice. I just think the heads are too "squarish", although I like Scuba's. Also, I noticed that Turbo is the only one to have the new style joints. Does he think the older ones are too mainstream ? :laugh:

These are stellar. I'd been wanting to attempt updates to the Slizers crew with the Hero Factory bits, but these are a light years ahead of what I had in mind.

As with the originals, Scuba and Ice are my favorites. Any chance we can get exploded views of the builds so we can recreate these?

These are stellar. I'd been wanting to attempt updates to the Slizers crew with the Hero Factory bits, but these are a light years ahead of what I had in mind.

As with the originals, Scuba and Ice are my favorites. Any chance we can get exploded views of the builds so we can recreate these?

I can provide LDD files if necessary.

Torch looks the most like an actual slizer set; Ice looks better overall and Turbo, like all teal sets, looks absolutely fantastic. On the other hand, Judge/Jet is rather underwhelming, as is Amazon. Electro and Granite's builds are very similar looking and give them a great aesthetic; the claw-tipped legs make them look very animalistic. The mutants and Millenium seem as uninteresting as their set counterparts, with exception of Blaster, whose build is very bulky-looking and fits the original design well.

In general, I think you did a good job recreating these.

I can provide LDD files if necessary.

If it isn't too much of a hassle. :D I'm really curious how you attached the feet on Ski.

If it isn't too much of a hassle. :D I'm really curious how you attached the feet on Ski.

1x2 plates with one stud on top plus old Bionicle balljoints.

On the same subject, how do Scuba's? They appear to be connected to an unconnected jumper plate.

I've just contributed my MOCs for it. Why? Any problems?

Just wondering what it is. That's all.

Just wondering what it is. That's all.

The project is about re-imagining and enriching the Slizer storyline. I am not sure though that it'll ever go outside the Russian Internet space simply because they have no good translators.

I have to say, I really like these redesigns. They really capture the old Throwbots designs, and if Lego re-released them just like this I would purchase them.

Love Slizers and love your designs, especially City/Turbo having the alternate robot mode

Only problem I see is with Granite and Ice's heads. I did like the larger version of the standard Lego visor they used and keeping their heads one colour tends to lose that effect

Any chance of Milenium's big ol' combined mode? Would also suggest trying Roboriders, if only because I used them as City's enemies most of the time :p

Edited by Mecheon

Only problem I see is with Granite and Ice's heads. I did like the larger version of the standard Lego visor they used and keeping their heads one colour tends to lose that effect

I don't have means to make a similar effect in such scale without any excessive adjustments.

Any chance of Milenium's big ol' combined mode? Would also suggest trying Roboriders, if only because I used them as City's enemies most of the time :p

I was planning to make it.

As for Roboriders... I don't know, maybe.

Eh, no sweat if you're not feeling them. Just always felt they made good enemies for City because, well, don't really remember the Roboriders having much of a storyline

Eh, no sweat if you're not feeling them. Just always felt they made good enemies for City because, well, don't really remember the Roboriders having much of a storyline

Don't get me wrong, I loved Roboriders. I owned Dust and he was cool. I just don't know if I want to do them.

Also, they weren't Turbo's enemies. They were part of virtual reality not really related to Slizer universe.

Edited by -N13OS-

These are insane! Slizers were my childhood, in fact, I think I still have the original sets! Good job on them. Are the mini stories on each one accurate, though?

These guys are just lovely. They are sure a reason why I still hope LEGO will make HF parts in more colours so I can rebuild these guys.

The overall mix of the various elements also works just wonderful.

It's like that.

Heh, I'd forgotten about that SNOT piece. Project Slizer sounds interesting, the official storyline seems to have had so much wasted potential.

Heh, I'd forgotten about that SNOT piece. Project Slizer sounds interesting, the official storyline seems to have had so much wasted potential.

I'd rather say that there is no one. :D

These guys are just lovely. They are sure a reason why I still hope LEGO will make HF parts in more colours so I can rebuild these guys.

The overall mix of the various elements also works just wonderful.

Thank you Zork. =)

Edited by -N13OS-