AlmightyArjen

3 meters long Octan train with 7777 oil refinery

I've built up a layout to drive around my 3 meters long Octan train. The locomotive is based on the vintage 7755 shunter locomotive.

In the 80's 7777 train idea book there's on some page an oil refinery. I've built that one in Octan colours!

DSC01803_zps709d2d2b.jpg

I've added a few lights to the loc: when the loc is driving forward, the yellow light is lit, when it drives backward, the red light is lit:

DSC01810_zpsffa81a52.jpg

DSC01809_zpscb29a29e.jpg

And ofcourse, I've made a video!

Nice build and the nostalgic refinery is a great feature (and nice touch using the crater baseplates)

Take a good look at the 7777 book: the crater plates are already there ;)

Nice octan version. I like the tankers as well. I remember I could look at that 7777 book for hours, never having enough pieces to build this.

Still had to watch the vid since you did not posted it on tweakers yesterday, but it looks great! Nice camera angles too.... Awesome work Arjen!

It is nice to see the train in Octan colors and a good idea. We have quite a few large private companies (Such as oil refineries and other power plant, steal works etc.) who have their own little shunters to use on their own sites. I could see this assembling longer trains on the company's marshaling yards ready for the main line trains to take them off onto where ever they are due to end up. It is a good idea, I may have to borrow it.

Nice industrial layout and I really like the moon base plates. You have my brain clicking on other uses.