hi folks.... i'm looking for some advice. i'm trying to replicate and build the robot pictured below and cannot get my head around the part i could use for the air intake.... any advice from a part guru here !?? ;) thanks in advance !!

1395402_10151777236949023_47070788_n.jpg

i actually just started today and was mostly checking for parts... i do have build the part under the air intake and actually it's a 6*6 plate... i'll post a picture tomorrow...

Yeah having a WIP shot to show scale would be easier ;)

Though if you're working with 6x6 maybe use two of these:

6091.gif

Or if you want something even rounder:

93273.jpg

here is what i have so far (just started yesterday :) ). i kinda like the big piece on top as it ends with a nice slope... but i think its too clumsy in the end

10551776036_2af8a64c23_b.jpg

10551812854_e3e96fe17c_b.jpg

Tried making a ship (New at this kind of stuff), I kinda like the shape but I'm not satisfied. Any advice?

10575293875_8671bcb135_z.jpg

10575337696_38370c7f14_z.jpg

10575567453_d0e727d15c_z.jpg

Edited by TheRedGuy

It's difficult to know what to suggest, without knowing how you're dissatisfied with the ship. The overall form is really strong. I think the parts where you've used light grey work well to break up the white, so maybe if you were to include a tiny bit more light grey that would help. I can't help wonder what the smaller bubble canopy would look like (but it looks like you want to fit a minifigure, so might not be able to do that with the smaller canopy). The fins sticking out at the back work well, as well, so maybe if you were to make them more pronounced/more of a feature that would improve the overall look.

It's all just personal preference, really, so hope you find something you're more satisfied with.

I agree with lousygulch, it's a pretty good start for a ship, having you tell us things that bug you can help focus constructive criticism. There's a lot of great angles and you have going, and even some nice colour blocking with the green.

in terms of polish you could always tile up some of that wing area, or make it less obviously exposed. But it's a pretty nice little ship you have!

The wings are what bugs me the most, I tried tiling it up but I couldn't do so without making it worse than what I currently have.

Here's another tank thingy I'm working on:

11133157754_216d773b39_z.jpg

11133264243_d5b9499a6f_z.jpg

My problem with this one is the front. It looks too blocky, but I don't really know what I can do to make it look better without re-doing the entire front section. Also, after a while it looks like a monkey's face.

I like it as it is. Maybe replacethe area on both sides of the 1x3 curved slope and the 1x4 double curved slope with greebles...

Ok, since the the SW forum doesn't have a WIP thread (and because I always tought it could have belonged to the Sci-fi forum), I post the last WIP picture of the Zenith:

11206851386_2eb6d0fb54_c.jpg

Power Rangers! ASSEMBLE !! *cough* by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

Maybe I could display it like that, at least the front looks great :grin:

Now I need advice on how to photograph something that big... I think I should start by buying a real camera...

Edited by Bob De Quatre

The wings are what bugs me the most, I tried tiling it up but I couldn't do so without making it worse than what I currently have.

Here's another tank thingy I'm working on:

My problem with this one is the front. It looks too blocky, but I don't really know what I can do to make it look better without re-doing the entire front section. Also, after a while it looks like a monkey's face.

I like how it looks, it's got a great beefy UMPH to it.

My suggestion in stead is colour.

Those are awesome medium azureish wheels.

all you need is matching medium azure plate here or there and you're done!

Ok, since the the SW forum doesn't have a WIP thread

You mean besides your own thread about the Zenith :)

I just saw this a few days ago on your Flickr, it just looks absolutely breathtaking even unassembled as it is.

Maybe you should consider displaying it in a "shipyard"-state :)

640px-Fondor_Shipyards_1.jpg

You mean besides your own thread about the Zenith :)

I didn't want to "bump" the LDD thread, as I plan to do a "real bricks thread" soon (© Blizzard)... :wink:

I just saw this a few days ago on your Flickr, it just looks absolutely breathtaking even unassembled as it is.

Maybe you should consider displaying it in a "shipyard"-state :)

I assembled it yesterday, after some minor modifications. But I need to remove the sides modules to check on the internal structure of the rear module :sceptic:

I've been working on this little mantis mech for a couple days. This is really just a prototype using pieces that I have avaliable. The final MOC should be dark gray and lime.

11428905536_f97dbaaf87_c.jpg

I feel like there are some refinements left to make. I'd like to give the head some kind of mandibles. I also want to come up with some specialized variants and build a squad.

I'm a bit of a noob, so comments and encouragements would be appreciated.

Thanks!

still working on my robot thingee .... and looking for some feedback from you guys.... (obviously the red rond corner pieces need to be bought / replaced with the right color) ... the drawing i use as inspiration is from a guy on deviantart who was more then happy to let me have a go at his robot in lego ;)

any advices / ideas so far ? i'm happy for any kind of feedback

(see the set here:

) Edited by Biomanniax

I've been working on this little mantis mech for a couple days. This is really just a prototype using pieces that I have avaliable. The final MOC should be dark gray and lime.

*snip*

I feel like there are some refinements left to make. I'd like to give the head some kind of mandibles. I also want to come up with some specialized variants and build a squad.

I'm a bit of a noob, so comments and encouragements would be appreciated.

Thanks!

It looks a bit bulky... you should try to build a head you like and then see how it could connect to the body, or maybe build a thinner body. Look at other drone builds on flick might give you ideas :wink:

still working on my robot thingee .... and looking for some feedback from you guys.... (obviously the red rond corner pieces need to be bought / replaced with the right color) ... the drawing i use as inspiration is from a guy on deviantart who was more then happy to let me have a go at his robot in lego ;)

any advices / ideas so far ? i'm happy for any kind of feedback

(see the set here: *snip*)

Looks like it will be hard to reproduce at that scale... :sceptic:

It looks a bit bulky... you should try to build a head you like and then see how it could connect to the body, or maybe build a thinner body. Look at other drone builds on flick might give you ideas :wink:

I'd been thinking something similar. Rebuilding the torso a stud narrower gave me a chance to refine it nicely. I was also able to get rid of the mudguard that was going to be difficult to get in lime.

Thanks!

Hello, I'm Mathias :D

I'm new, and 'im french so sorry for the bad english.

SO, here is my moc and i need your help. I did not manage to finish it. can you help me guys ? :(

can you suggest me new things, or modify it pleeeeeeeeeeeeease ?

my spaceship is made for transport troop

thanksguys ! :)

screen : 1388949274-ggr.png

vaisseau de reco.lxf

vaisseau de reco.lxf

Edited by Mat59hias

If it's a spaceship, does it have to have wings? I like the outline you've made - you could make that solid. Perhaps for the troop compartments, you could do something like shipping containers? They could fit into the belly like the central part of Thunderbird Two.

I can imagine two blocky containers, possibly in a contrasting colour such as dark blue or tan, side by side in that square hole in the underbelly of your ship.

And welcome to Eurobricks!

I was thinking something similar, like a modular container that could be detached and used to double as an operations post. Maybe you could make different modules that have the same basic configuration. A medical post, ammo dump, logistics station, barracks, or stuff like that. Good luck with this, and keep us informed on your progress.