Sir Brickalot

Brick Separators!

I think it's great that TLG now include brick separators in larger sets, but now I have so many: so my question is: how many brick separators do you have? And would you prefer it if they weren't in sets and you could only buy them separately?

Personally I have at least 8, but I don't mind!

What'd your opinion?

They come for free, so what's wrong with them?

And, they can be bought if your country has a Lego shop (either phisical or online): see here.

How many do I have? 1 + some lying in still-to-be-opened sets (I guess three)

I think it's great that they're included in sets now. It puts them in the hands of kids who would otherwise use their teeth to take things apart. I wonder if it will have an effect on the amount chewed up bricks we see in the aftermarket down the line.

I probably have at least a dozen. I always keep one handy when MOCing but it never fails that it disappears when I need it. So I just get another one out of the drawer. Cleaning up afterwards, I average about five.

We have dozens of them, orange, old dark gray, new dark grey, green. See one lying next to my computer as my wife is building the French Restaurant.

I think it's great that they're included in sets now. It puts them in the hands of kids who would otherwise use their teeth to take things apart. I wonder if it will have an effect on the amount chewed up bricks we see in the aftermarket down the line.

I probably have at least a dozen. I always keep one handy when MOCing but it never fails that it disappears when I need it. So I just get another one out of the drawer. Cleaning up afterwards, I average about five.

It would be awesome if they actually do make future garage sales purchases better condition. But kids will be kids, and most of them destroy their toys.

I'm sure I have well over a dozen of the new ones. I thought about selling them, but they're probably worth next to nothing since they're so common. (I'm surprised they even have people buying them separately.) But I'm convinced I'll find a use for them someday.

I still prefer the old brick separators for most jobs though. The new ones don't have as much torque and there are several situations where I haven't gotten the new ones to work.

I have eight, I believe, of the new sort. I've got three of the old sort as well, two grey and one green. The Technic axel is great on the new one, but I find the crowbar tool's are better to separate bricks.

I have at least 15 of the new orange/ green in a pile plus probably ten more in sets. I hate the slim design, it makes it harder to apply the force to get the bricks apart but the Technic pin is a neat addition when it doesn't get in the way. I have two or three of the old grey ones and a handful of the green ones.

I think its a great idea including them in larger sets because it gets them out to more and more people (kids) which hopefully will cut down on teeth usage as others have said.

I probably have half a dozen or so. I keep misplacing them so it is good they come with each new larger sized set. :laugh:

I think they may be useful for detailing on a SHIP with an orange color scheme.

I have about 5 of the old grey and green brick separators, and I have 3 of the new-style ones (found them at a yard sale for 25 cents each :thumbup:)

TLH

I have 5. One of my favorite new designs of it is the tile remover at the end. It ends up getting worn down like a chisel would, so the one I use will probably eventually be replaced. Good thing I have extras.

I'm probably up to 7 or 8. I'm not sure how many of my new sets contain one, but I know I have 1 old gray, 2 old green, 1 new green, and the rest new orange. Personally I'd prefer not to get anymore. It's going to be a very redundant piece with little to no use. Going back to buying them separately or as a little check box to include one with your order would be better IMO. Probably cheaper for TLG too :classic:

I don't have even one...

You're doing it wrong :tongue:

I've got a green one and an orange one of the new style, and 2 gray ones of the old style. Love getting them in sets. I generally use the old style in conjunction with the new style to separate bricks, works great especially with plates stuck together. Personally I'd like to be able to have one that's a key chain or something to stop me from losing them.

I don't have any. How good are they at removing those really troublesome little plates stuck in the middle of a bigger plate/baseplate?

I don't have any. How good are they at removing those really troublesome little plates stuck in the middle of a bigger plate/baseplate?

Very good at this. They're actually a very neat design overall.

I have about 20 now. One green and the rest orange. It's got to the point where I keep them boxed up in their own category next to regular parts. With the amount that LEGO dish out for free in sets now I'm glad I never actually paid for one!

Cheers

Rog

You may not believe it, but after 40 years of Lego and above 100.000 pieces I got my first brick separator last month with the Constitution train!

After a bit of counting, apparently I have amassed 43 orange and 3 green plus whatever's in the sets I haven't opened yet. Ironically, when I actually use a brick separator, I prefer the old dark gray design. The old design doesn't have an axle pusher or a narrow edge for prying up tiles, but it fits my hands better.

I never had one growing up, yet somehow I never chewed on my bricks either...hmm, so not all kids damage their toys. My childhood LEGO is in great condition outside of the yellowing.

As far as brick separators, I think I have 15+. I know I've counted that many, but I haven't paid as much attention lately. And with the inclusion, I'll keep receiving them. I like having extras because I will need one sometime and can't find it so I grab another one.

They are really handy and I'm surprised I never had one as a kid, although my first LEGO store visit was a year ago, and we never ordered anything from the catalog.

My collection has increased by one. I opened Constitution Train last night and noticed it included a brick separator.

Between opened and unopened...I'd estimate at least 20. I have a local secondary shop that I give my extras to.

According to my Brickset: 20

:look:

(Plus the one in my girlfriend's Mini Modulars!)

(Jeez, and a green one in my unopened Horizon Express)

Edited by Laservampire