CopMike

New parts in 2014

Not a lot of interesting parts for me, just that 1x4 mason brick you show in the pic!

That 1x4 masonry brick is a nice addition... but like the 1x2 and 1x4 log bricks... it doesn't complete a "system"... a corner brick and a 1x1 brick would be a nice addition for both modified brick types.

Also... since I never saw the back side of the masonry brick type... a nice surprise... a "rusticated" brick type... Rusticated bricks can also create some nice historic looks...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/c/ca/Palazzo_Pitti,_cortile_1.JPG

Edited by Rick
Please keep embedded images to a maximum of 1024x768 px.

Here are some more interesting ones:

Wedge, Plate A Shaped with 2 Rows of 4 Studs

Plate 3 x 3 Cross

Tile 2 x 2 Corner

And the Flounder minifigure(?) looks really nice.

That 1x4 masonry brick is a nice addition... but like the 1x2 and 1x4 log bricks... it doesn't complete a "system"... a corner brick and a 1x1 brick would be a nice addition for both modified brick types.

Also... since I never saw the back side of the masonry brick type... a nice surprise... a "rusticated" brick type... Rusticated bricks can also create some nice historic looks...

http://upload.wikime...,_cortile_1.JPG

A brick L-shaped corner would also be nice.

Personally, I've always wanted them to make some more of the log-type bricks. I've always wished they made a 1x1 log brick for the western sets.

Something for the corner, and release all variants of masonry bricks in dark red.

That's hilarious. I can't believe I've never even thought of having them in dark red. That would definitely make more sense.

I think the dark red tiles used in the modular firehouse look better than those bricks though.

That's hilarious. I can't believe I've never even thought of having them in dark red. That would definitely make more sense.

I think the dark red tiles used in the modular firehouse look better than those bricks though.

Reddish brown and dark brown would be really useful too. Look how brick like those colors can be in the Pet Shop. The masonry bricks are great for adding just a touch of texture.

One new mold that I haven't seen discussed in detail anywhere but which has amazing potential is 14301 Flex Tube 12 M. It's basically like 30527 but with sturdier 3.2mm connection points rather than single stud/anti-stud connections. This is great news in my book because my memories of that piece deal largely with it popping off when you don't want it to!

Legends of Chima introduces 15071 Gun Base 1X2X2/3 W.Knob/Shaft, an amazing new weapon piece that I think a lot of other sci-fi builders should pay close attention to.

Legends of Chima introduces 15071 Gun Base 1X2X2/3 W.Knob/Shaft, an amazing new weapon piece that I think a lot of other sci-fi builders should pay close attention to.

neat! I can see a lot of uses for that. Guns. Cameras, tools, details and greebling. thrusters, etc. plus the potential for some interesting direction changes.

Considering the cost of injection molds, there are a lot of new parts here, and only a few do them appear to add value, most can be achieved using a combination of other bricks.

agreed. I'm looking at a few different examples on the list. Like the ball and chain, what's wrong with a tecnic ball and short chain combo? 2 molds that exist already and outside of police, there's not much use for that mold. And that modified 1x1 with beak. I can't see it being used outside of some animals, MAYBE décor purposes. the big castle wheels are another. Outside of fairy tale type uses and a maybe on certain castle cases, can they even come in handy? and that weird new A-frame plate.it makes no sense at all

I like new toes pieces on this thing. Looks like this might be a new piece on the hip as well. The ball part of the joint isn't but the maybe.

41500-1.jpg

Edited by Rook

agreed. I'm looking at a few different examples on the list. Like the ball and chain, what's wrong with a tecnic ball and short chain combo? 2 molds that exist already and outside of police, there's not much use for that mold. And that modified 1x1 with beak. I can't see it being used outside of some animals, MAYBE décor purposes. the big castle wheels are another. Outside of fairy tale type uses and a maybe on certain castle cases, can they even come in handy? and that weird new A-frame plate.it makes no sense at all

Well, the 1x1 plate with the downward beak/tooth seems to me like it'll have all kinds of excellent sculptural uses. The A-Frame plate is another excellent piece. It allows for a perfect 45-degree angle shift that is generally much more sturdy than you could get with a hinge plate.

I agree with you about the ball and chain, though. I guess it's a little more compact than a Technic ball and short chain would be, but with connection points on just one end, I don't see it being nearly as versatile as existing chain elements.

These are the new hinges introduced with the LEGO Mixels.

Here they fit with the "Technic Pin with Towball".

LOL.. I actually came here to post that picture of that Agents set because it had so much Technic in it...

agents.jpg

There are 7 on the tiop and what looks to be 2 on each side... Plus many more in the back you can see when it is all opened up...

Edited by Paul Boratko