Dr Leg O Brick

Any Irish around here?

Cead mile failte! I searched around, and could find topics for a wide array of countries, but none for Ireland. So, to ask, is their any Irish around on EB? If I have missed one Mod's either delete this one or merge it. To get the ball rolling, I'm originally from Cork, however, I now live in England.

I don't recall seeing an Irish thread.

I'm a Dubliner (Tallaght) with family in Wexford and Clare but, like you, now living in England on the outskirts of London. Do you get back to the old country much?

Cheers

Rog

I don't recall seeing an Irish thread.

I'm a Dubliner (Tallaght) with family in Wexford and Clare but, like you, now living in England on the outskirts of London. Do you get back to the old country much?

Cheers

Rog

Not as much as I'd like to, unfortunately. I try as much as I can every year, but due to many things, I haven't been back for just under three years.

Not as much as I'd like to, unfortunately. I try as much as I can every year, but due to many things, I haven't been back for just under three years.

Would one of those things be cost? I couldn't believe the price of the fast ferry last time I looked!

Seems there's a few of us on here then - although we all appear to have emigrated to the bright lights of England... :-p

I'll have to have a look at the Irish LUG site - fingers crossed for old school Dublin Buses on there!

Cheers

Rog

Would one of those things be cost? I couldn't believe the price of the fast ferry last time I looked!

Seems there's a few of us on here then - although we all appear to have emigrated to the bright lights of England... :-p

I'll have to have a look at the Irish LUG site - fingers crossed for old school Dublin Buses on there!

Cheers

Rog

Yes, one of the factors was indeed price. Flight prices, ferry prices, its seems its cheaper to go home via cardboard box nowadays, although it has got slightly cheaper recently according to Google, it's just finding the time. I didn't realise there was a LUG, where I live in England Is pretty desolate, I didn't even know what a LUG was till I bought one of the many great fan books via Amazon (Brickaddiction). Anybody looking to film a post nuclear fallout film would be quite happy with the surroundings near my house. As you say, there are at least a few of us, and it seems we've all emigrated to England. I'll take a look at that LUG, sounds interesting...

Have you found www.brick.ie, the Irish LUG?

I found it and registered myself. Doesn't seem to be much going on. It's been two weeks since I registered and my account still hasn't been validated (so I can't post).

Some nice little MOCs and things on there - Some of which have been on here too - Just a shame that it seems to be dormant...

Cheers

Rog