Sign in to follow this  
eurotrash

MOC: Rocky Modular Lighthouse (Mod of 5770)

I had to occupy my time while I was waiting for the Parisian Restaurant to arrive and so I opened up one of the cupboards and modified the Lego Creator 5770 Lighthouse. I wanted it to fit in with my sprawling, economically depressed city so I beefed up the size of building, changed the roof and slapped it on a rocky prominence (Skull Island was sacrificed http://farm4.staticflickr.com/3712/11637864364_c17b2b1617_c.jpg)

11757643534_156bfccd48_c.jpg

I wasn't too worried about the look of the lower levels as they'd be covered by the adjacent buildings so I used whatever spare pieces I had to hand - in this case it was castle wall parts.

11757994706_f4c868fcb3_c.jpg

And there's a higgledy-piggledy wooden ladder and platform creation that runs up the rear of the rock to provide access to the Lighthouse.

11757245645_1503df1fe4_c.jpg

And although it's falling into disrepair the Lighthouse keeper doesn't appear to mind as he keeps a weather-eye on the horizon and enjoys his rum-enhanced coffee:

11757646444_be49385cb7_c.jpg

11757247225_b590f6231c_c.jpg

Thanks for reading! Comments and criticisms welcome...

Awesome work , really nice , can we see some shots of the building next to it too? Shame about skull island but hey , worth sacrifice IMO ( no pun intended lol)

I like people who put terrain into their designs, it shows more character. Very well done! 5771 Hillside house pretty much had one slope and that's it!

Whoa! This is fantastic! Terrain looks great too. I have yet to tackle a large terrain project like this - always impressed with how well people do their terrain.

Great job :)

Love your builds and this one's no exception!! Being a lover of the sea I am always quite partial to light houses, and a modular light house :wub: right up my alley!!

I love the terrain work you have done and the light house MOD itself is done really well too! I can imagine myself as the light house keeper, including the rum and disrepair :grin:

Will we ever see any shots of your town altogether any time soon....??

Happy building :laugh:

The lever? Press the top brick and the light turns on, wind the lever and the mirror turns around - just like a real lighthouse! Unfortunately I can't take credit for that particularly feature as it was in the original 5570 Creator set.

Thanks everyone for the kind comments.

Excellent use of the lighthouse... The landscaping is terrific (although he might want to fix that rail he's leaning on!) and the other building look good too.

Nice work!