Sign in to follow this  
francismatteo

MOC: Camping

Super nice!

Great pic. You've really captured a campfire under the moonlight.

Very nice job! What kind of LED's did you use? Did you also give them an effect?!

@all: Thank you guys...

Kneecap Buster: I'm using 4 LED flashlights. No photoshop only lighting effects and proper timing :). Will post photos later.

I'm planning also to tweak some bricks with LEDs.

Edited by francismatteo

Looks really good, like the tree in the background and the reandom atlantis minifigure. Another thing is that i love how the light is coming out from the fire in a dark place.

Really nice work, captures the warmness of a campfire really well considering LEDs tend to have a cooler sort of lighting about them. Also unrelated to the writing, is it sad I never actually thought to put cherries in the tree leaves like that? It's so obvious, but it never occurred to me; granted, I have very few cherries in my collection to have given the consideration to. Just weird that such no-brainer ideas sometimes never pop into my head. :laugh:

Wow, that's some great stuff. The LEDs really give out a nice warm glow in this MOC. I also love the way it lights up the front of the minifigs, that really sold it for me.

I don't quite get this, I guess. What exactly is the effect of the LEDs? Are third party parts required for this?

@Hranfblod, @WooliestSteam and @LEGO Train 12 Volts: Thanks for your kind words :D

@ER0L: as for LED's heat, they are cool enough that they are not causing any damage to my LEGO. I bought them in Electronic Supplies Shop at a very cheap price.

I was just wondering if there would be a similar effect when using the old 9 Volt lights which have a warm glow, too. With that, third party parts could be omitted.

@ER0L: never tested an old 9 volt lights, but I'm looking for options that makes them a little dimmer.

I also tried using the old christmas tree lights but it generated lots of heat. I'm afraid it might cause damage to my LEGO.

311.jpg