Fox Hound

[LDD MOC] 71,000 piece, 13-foot Super Star Destroyer

Unbelievable! Fox Hound, that is one amazing LDD MOC. Like others have said, the detail is fantastic. I love the city-scape on the top, and how you painstakingly recreated it from the movie models. Really nice work!

Now, don't throw anything at me, but I'm curious as to your choice of design of the bridge tower. I know it would be tough to get the right angles with the current scale, but did you try other bricks besides a couple of inverted slopes? I'm just curious. :classic:

The bridge needs to be 1 stud wide at this scale, and basically 1 stud high. If you have a better design, post it! I'll use it in the actual build (God willing).

Wow impressive. I'm in the middle of building the emperor's arrival scene

I only used the 10212 imperial shuttle model and adding the floor and the figures. 15000 pieces so far.

Just a question LDD keeps shutting down and also is being real slow? Whys that it's so annoying.

http://s990.photobucket.com/user/sharwood1/media/legostarwarsscenes.png.html?sort=3&o=0

Edited by Sharwood1

Wow impressive. I'm in the middle of building the emperor's arrival scene

I only used the 10212 imperial shuttle model and adding the floor and the figures. 15000 pieces so far.

Just a question LDD keeps shutting down and also is being real slow? Whys that it's so annoying.

http://s990.photobuc...html?sort=3&o=0

LDD doesn't have a piece limit, but a polygon limit. Those base plates + mini-figs alone have more polygons than half my ship.

Wow, that is absolutely stunning! It sounds like people around the forum have some interesting ideas about how it could actually happen, and I wish you the best of luck getting in touch with Lego and hope they can help get it on display someday.

The main engine, city, and tiling are outstanding. Thanks for sharing!

The bridge needs to be 1 stud wide at this scale, and basically 1 stud high. If you have a better design, post it! I'll use it in the actual build (God willing).

I'll use 1-stud wide and your general dimensions. I'll play around with LDD and see what I can think of. I must admit my MOC skills are in their infancy but this sounds like a good challenge.

LDD doesn't have a piece limit, but a polygon limit. Those base plates + mini-figs alone have more polygons than half my ship.

I don't get ya? Lol

Apologies to all the other great Star Wars MOCs out there, but this is by FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR the best Star Wars MOC. EVER.

Lord Vader will be very pleased. :classic:

Blakbird is the best!

I'm going to make the actual build (God willing) light up as well. It would be awesome to see the 3000+ blue tiles on the city aglow.

You must be insane for doing this :laugh:. Completely and utterly insane. With that point made, even so it's impressive. It's horrifyingly detailed and mind-crashingly large. I may have to steal that engine technique sometime.

Edited by DraikNova

I'm going to make the actual build (God willing) light up as well. It would be awesome to see the 3000+ blue tiles on the city aglow.

Long ago I had a plastic ISD model that came with about a mile of fiber optic cable and a micro drill. The idea was to drill tiny holes all over, stuff in the fiber, and route them all to a little light bulb. It looked amazing in the dark. Lighting this one with LEDs would also be incredible.

Long ago I had a plastic ISD model that came with about a mile of fiber optic cable and a micro drill. The idea was to drill tiny holes all over, stuff in the fiber, and route them all to a little light bulb. It looked amazing in the dark. Lighting this one with LEDs would also be incredible.

I too had a fiber optic ISD. But I was too young / dumb at the time to build it.

Would it be possible to add light sources to the blue tiles as well? Maybe we can see the city lit-up after all :)

I love this and the renders look great. Thank you for sharing this. Your work is amazing and I look forward to your future adventures.

Would it be possible to add light sources to the blue tiles as well? Maybe we can see the city lit-up after all :)

I gave it a try. Adding 2000+ light sources to a model certainly does increase the render time! I am not particularly happy with the result. The window lights are probably too bright, so it would be better to make them dim and you would only see them if zoomed in very far or if the image was otherwise very dark.

800x450.jpg

you MUST be the devil himself. I have no other explanation for this. Your design is far away from being man-made. You'll just catch the poor souls of all the Eurobrickers 'round here. SHAME on you! Evil! GO AWAY! :D :wub:

Edited by calculon

By popular request, here is a view with a couple of Imperial Star Destroyers. This is an image that rewards clicking through to the full size 1920x1080 version.

640x360.jpg

By popular request, here is a view with a couple of Imperial Star Destroyers. This is an image that rewards clicking through to the full size 1920x1080 version.

I want to change the wallpaper on my computer screen for some time now.

This render will be perfect for that purpose !