Fox Hound

[LDD MOC] 71,000 piece, 13-foot Super Star Destroyer

Fox, an interesting comment was left on your kickstarter. the idea being you outsource some of the work and parts. people could sign up to build sections (or sub structures) and send the resultant builds to you. I know these sorts of builds have tons of trial and error in them, but it could be a novel and fun way to get bricks and help in a mighty large endeavor. if you should decide this option is viable for you I'd be willing to help through this. And as others have said this is just fantastic! the SSD is an amazing vessel and one that deserves this sort of epic recreation.

Fox, an interesting comment was left on your kickstarter. the idea being you outsource some of the work and parts. people could sign up to build sections (or sub structures) and send the resultant builds to you. I know these sorts of builds have tons of trial and error in them, but it could be a novel and fun way to get bricks and help in a mighty large endeavor. if you should decide this option is viable for you I'd be willing to help through this. And as others have said this is just fantastic! the SSD is an amazing vessel and one that deserves this sort of epic recreation.

Now that is a fantastic idea. It would take some work to break down the ship into manageable sections and to QA the builds, but I think it would be much more rewarding to spend a couple hundred $$ on BL getting pieces to build a section than donate the cash.

Now that is a fantastic idea. It would take some work to break down the ship into manageable sections and to QA the builds, but I think it would be much more rewarding to spend a couple hundred $$ on BL getting pieces to build a section than donate the cash.

It's a neat idea, but the ship is (because it would fall apart otherwise) VERY INTERCONNECTED. It would honestly be 2x the work just trying to figure out how to break-up and then connect all the sections.

It's a neat idea, but the ship is (because it would fall apart otherwise) VERY INTERCONNECTED. It would honestly be 2x the work just trying to figure out how to break-up and then connect all the sections.

Yeah, that was my first thought. But this is LEGO so it's possible! :wink:

Maybe there's a way to meet in the middle, like have people donate bricks that you need. It would also reduce the amount of brick sourcing you'd have to do. I might have missed it in this thread, but have you attempted to get a list of what you'll need to build this masterpiece from LDD?

If the Lego Group won't fund this they should at least give you the parts at cost price, after all it will get a lot of press coverage for them.

If the Lego Group won't fund this they should at least give you the parts at cost price, after all it will get a lot of press coverage for them.

Big companies like TLG (Now the biggest toy brand) are a lot like Hollywood. Regardless of how good a script you write, Michael Bay will never come knocking on your door. He's gonna produce his own project. Even if the next Jurassic Park is staring him in the face.

There's a .0001% chance TLG will ever get involved.

I agree. There have been few massive lego models like this one already and I have never heard of some material help from TLG. Actually, I know only Sean Kenny to be cooperating with them, however I'm not sure how closely. On the other hand, there are some instances of (unofficial) lego stores funding some big models which are displayed on their ground. But I don't know any closer information so maybe it's not the best way either.

Uau!!! If one day I see this ship in a expostion fixed on the celling I think I cry! It's huge, beautiful and motivational. I really hope you can do that one day. Good Luck!

hum, those tires do not exist in grey sadly, would require a paint or finding something else that does the job:)

Hi there. New to this forum. Joined today just so that I could resond to this excellent build.

I made a 7 foot SSD Executor a couple of years ago, using best guess measurements from photos of the studio model. I didn't go into the superb level of detail you have achieved on the engines, but put a fair amound of detail in the upper deck. I ended up selling it to fund a trip to see friends in the US, but have had requests to build at least one more since.

Your model has inspired me to have another go, though I will still to the 7 foot scale and rework my original design. My proudest boast was that I never used glue and that the finished model was stable enough tobe picked up and tilted almost vertical. As soon as I have made the requisite number of posts I will start adding images of a couple of MOCs that I have built (SSD plus a birthday present for a friend).

The very best of luck in getting this built. :classic:

I have found this now and must say: It is AMAZING !!! I love it !

Max...

Edited by MaxSupercars

Hello, Fox Hound. 

It's a real marvelous conception. Everybody here, i think, are really impressed.

I come for the news... Where are you now, for this incredible project?