yanathin

How do you display your modular building collection?

Almost everyone relies on Ikea. The shelf depth is perfect for 32x32 baseplate.

For the bookshelves, i like what you did with the pencil (i guess) Could work well with some stickers too :)

Here are mine - yes, agree Ikea shelves work well, maybe in future have a table with fairground in the middle! post-15886-0-70450700-1432927634_thumb.jpg

Personally I love the look of floating shelves, unfortunately due to the way they're hung right now they aren't quite strong enough for me to trust them with my modulars, so they're resting on a bookshelf for the time being.

LegoSjaak, love the design for your modular town.

Thanks, i'still working on it....expected a lot of tan baseplates for the sidewalks (cycle-path) today, but they didn't show up... hopefully there is nothing wrong with the shipment, so it will arrive tomorrow!! I'll post some pictures soon in my topic: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=106373

Edited by LegoSjaak

This is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. :cry_happy:

Heaven on earth :):):):):) I do not have any yet for I am mostly a star wars and train enthusiast, but with the ones I have seen I would like to get some for myself Edited by Legoboy22

Personally I love the look of floating shelves, unfortunately due to the way they're hung right now they aren't quite strong enough for me to trust them with my modulars, so they're resting on a bookshelf for the time being.

The 190cm (whatever inch that is :) ) shelf from IKEA supports up to 25kg (whatever lbs that is) tested myself with 8-9 modulars. Been 6 months, still holding up.

Does anyone using ikea stockholm display cabinet?

I'm thinking to get one or a detlof.

Does anyone using ikea stockholm display cabinet?

I'm thinking to get one or a detlof.

I too am curious about the stockholm. It's roomy enough to fit three modulars per shelf, but I wish the doors didn't have a frame that obstructs the view. The stockholm is not available in my nearby ikea so I can't even look at it. The 2016 Ikea catalog just came out and the price went up too. :(

The detlof is inexpensive in comparison, but I don't like my modulars to be separated.

I too am curious about the stockholm. It's roomy enough to fit three modulars per shelf, but I wish the doors didn't have a frame that obstructs the view. The stockholm is not available in my nearby ikea so I can't even look at it. The 2016 Ikea catalog just came out and the price went up too. :(

The detlof is inexpensive in comparison, but I don't like my modulars to be separated.

Stockholm , The size is perfect, i'm thinking the same problem also! the DOOR FRAME!!!!

I'm from Hong Kong, there're three ikea stores here, but 2016 ikea catalog hasnt came out here yet, even the price now is HK$3490, (APPROX US$ 447) , that is not cheap. I'm not sure if i will buy one if the price go up later.

I think about the detolf too, same thing, dont want to separate the modulars, but i've seen people combine two detlof into a double size , it's just im not sure if i can do it on my own.

I'd been waiting to post in this thread; I recently cleaned up my collection and dusted everything off, and bricklinked a heavily modified MS. As of right now, this is how it's displayed:

20314151879_5a05d86046.jpg

Modular by Fred Haab, on Flickr

In my bedroom ("my" corner, so my wife doesn't complain). I have no room for any more - I have the TH and FB still in their boxes, as I have nowhere to put them. I still have not bought the Detective's Office yet.

The furniture you guys are buying look really great for displaying LEGO, but I literally have no space left in my house that I could put another cabinet or bureau, or book case, and very little space for shelves.

Those shelves on the bottom there can go down ONE more notch in adjustments, but I don't think it's enough to fit either TH or FB, although I could probably shift things around a bit.

I'd been waiting to post in this thread; I recently cleaned up my collection and dusted everything off, and bricklinked a heavily modified MS. As of right now, this is how it's displayed:

20314151879_5a05d86046.jpg

Modular by Fred Haab, on Flickr

In my bedroom ("my" corner, so my wife doesn't complain). I have no room for any more - I have the TH and FB still in their boxes, as I have nowhere to put them. I still have not bought the Detective's Office yet.

The furniture you guys are buying look really great for displaying LEGO, but I literally have no space left in my house that I could put another cabinet or bureau, or book case, and very little space for shelves.

Those shelves on the bottom there can go down ONE more notch in adjustments, but I don't think it's enough to fit either TH or FB, although I could probably shift things around a bit.

Pretty crowded. :) where did you get the display cases for the Ghostbusters set?

Pretty crowded. :) where did you get the display cases for the Ghostbusters set?

Yeah... it is pretty crowded. I've literally run out of space. The display case is from the container store, the relevant thread is here.

I've given up on IKEA as one of the 190cm shelves just decided to leave the wall and hug the floor.

New shelf system, cheaper and much stronger than IKEA.

19951855863_91c1ffba05_b.jpg

Here is my Modular + MOC + City collection. I have a 6 person dinner table with it placed out as a small town. approx.114 studs wide by 228 studs

I am still building a lot of it as can been seen by the empty space at the bottom right corner. Planning on having a park with a stage and food vendors

The table works quite well and great because I have the space but definitely looking at shelves or something more compact as my family grows in the future.

Or I will just have to make sure I always have an office/lego room in our future houses haha

20448780620_75297547bc.jpg

I have my modulars in a closet at my parent's house (My dorm doesn't have space!). I have four modulars ( Cafe Corner, Grand Emporium, Town Hall, and the Chinese Cinema) plus the Haunted House (an honorary modular). They are set up as a street scene on a shelf, with cars driving inbetween. Sometimes I put my superhero minifigs on the roofs fighting bad guys.

Latched door with plastic hinges, no screws. It is 4mm thick...i think they can support another level on top

Edited by attyttup

LegoSjaak - I had the same concern! Luckily the top is deep enough for 48 studs so I plan to put the PS halves around the corners (one half behind GE, the other behind PC) to make room for one more 32x32 along the front. That should "buy" me one more year before I need more storage...

Great idea! I just rearranged my street to do this though I'll have to come up with a better solution when the next modular is released.

SceStEBh.jpg

u6XOX95h.jpg