First, thanks for the LDD, second, this thing should be called the Bear not the fox! Great job, and great video. If I only had eight of those tires.....

Hi

wow this thing is just awsome! I know you are a sucker for those tires but this THING proves why!

There is only one disadvantage: It is long. I does not mean it longer than other 8x8, but it is still long.

Since your excellent design does not need a straight drivetrain through the cassis - did you ever thought about a hinge in the center of your THING? I dont mean left right, i mean top bottom flexibility to follow the terrain better. I think this would increse the performance if you start climbing hills from zero to 100 degree.

Dino

Edited by Darth Dino

Unreal! It can pull a car!!!!!!! LEGO should use this to promote how good their motors are!

Hi

wow this thing is just awsome! I know you are a sucker for those tires but this THING proves why!

There is only one disadvantage: It is long. I does not mean it longer than other 8x8, but it is still long.

Since your excellent design does not need a straight drivetrain through the cassis - did you ever thought about a hinge in the center of your THING? I dont mean left right, i mean top bottom flexibility to follow the terrain better. I think this would increse the performance if you start climbing hills from zero to 100 degree.

Dino

Thanks! About the chassis, I intentionally didnt bother to make it very stiff in order to allow better flexibility. Middle hing...Might be a good or a bad idea, because there is less rear weight transfer when going up the hill and the entire thing could pop up like a worm...

Very impressive, glad to see you are not afraid to get your wheels dirty! With climbing power like this, who needs cogs?

Over Power.....

No U-joint broken?

Well each wheel only takes the power of one XL motor geared 1:3. I never broke a u-joint this way even with 10 volts.

Well each wheel only takes the power of one XL motor geared 1:3. I never broke a u-joint this way even with 10 volts.

Happen to me twice when testing Zblj's Rock crawler Panther......2 rc motors with 7.4v

Well so far no damaged U joints :) Only dirty wheels hehe. I belive if I had more wheels and motors, the truck could be expanded even further to 10x10 or even 12x12.

Edited by Zblj

...... the truck could be expanded even further to 10x10 or even 12x12.

*huh* *huh* *huh* *huh* *huh* *huh* *huh*

You'd be able to pull a truck with it then! And it'd cost an arm and a leg in XL motors!

*huh* *huh* *huh* *huh* *huh* *huh* *huh*

You'd be able to pull a truck with it then! And it'd cost an arm and a leg in XL motors!

4 More motors wouldnt be such a problem..The steering mechanism would have to have another odd gear ratio, like 20:28 for front axle... And i would need 2 more receivers and battery boxes....could be possible IMO

Looking good, cool video too

Just towing a car, wow :classic: Lego powerrrrr

I saw it climbing to a 'slope' about 45 degrees? looks really impressive.

Are you now ready with the build or ... maybe an idea to build something on it, at the rear, put some figures in/on it (those model-team ones)

i am a little sceptic about this "car towing".

I don't believe that some toy ,that only weights 3 / 4 kg can pull 900 or so kg. if the car is on a small slope maybe. so i would like the see a video without editing where you pull the car forward an then backwards , without replacing the real car.

for offroading this thing really rocks and has lots of power and it looks great to.

Congrats on this beast.