Damn, that looks badass! Are those custom rims on motorcycle wheels? And how will it steer?

There is 1:3 gear reduction, yes. The wheels used are from outdoor challenger set. Steering is usual, gear and rack, but it can also skid steer due to independent motors.

The bodywork is done:

p1190327x800.jpg

What a beast! Can't wait to see this in action!

That looks great. What's it's function? Speed, power or both? I wish I could get LDD to work like that for me.

H

This looks like a real beast. But i think that when it Meets a steep hill it wil stay down. All the weight will come down on the two rear wheels and 2 xl's are not enough to push it up the hill with a ratio off 1/3.

So for real truck trial i wouldn't put my money on it.

greetings

johnny

8 XL motors - that sums up to 4.4 A electric current, almost 18 W of mechanical power, and over 1 Nm torque. Wow!

This looks like a real beast. But i think that when it Meets a steep hill it wil stay down. All the weight will come down on the two rear wheels and 2 xl's are not enough to push it up the hill with a ratio off 1/3.

greetings

johnny

That would be 4 xl motors pushing it.

[edit] never mind I thought you meant the 2 sets of rear wheels ':)

Edited by MrNumbskull13

greetings

johnny

Wem will build and see... But so far each half axle can spin the tyre with about 2 kilos on it...

I sincerely hope you prior me wrong. But my guess is when the climb is more then 45 degrees it will stay down by lack of power or cracking joints. And i mean on a surface that delivers enough grip.

Butt i hope i am wrong.

I really like your bodywork. Do you mind if i copy for my 8*8*8 ?

Greetings

Johnny

Sure copy, remember I will relase the LDD file after i build the real thing, because there are always some updates while building.

Thanks.ill keep an eye out for the ldd.

Do you have idea about the weight when finished?

grtz

Johnny

Today's progress. The chassis is some 70% complete and I'm waiting for the missing motor, connector and springs in order to finish the truck. The bodywork fits like a glove on the chassis with zero issues.

p1190331x800.jpg

p1190332x800.jpg

I think the weight will be around 3-4 kg.

Looking awesome man! :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Do you have any detail images of how you geared it down from the motor to the wheel? :laugh: I'm very curious.

God save the joints! :D And it is not necessary which god should it be.

The joints will survive, because each has only one XL's torque to carry...If they were all connected though and one wheel got stuck....than one poor joint would ahve to survive the power of 8 Xl motors...

Anyway here's the progress so far, cant build more untill i get the missing parts. The number of wires is just mindboggling :wacko:

p1190333x800.jpgp1190334x800.jpgp1190335x800.jpgp1190336x800.jpg