Sign in to follow this  
Starwars4J

New Stormies?

This thread over on MCN really took me by surprise! A stormie with an X-mark on his helm, and a face?

There are three options as I see it:

1. Damaged helm with some sort of misprint head

2. Mistakenly released new fig

3. This is a prank.

Personally I believe it's just a poorly-done prank, as someone pointed out that the "x" mark changes sides of the helm, but I'd like to get everyone's opinion on it :-)

Well, I think in EU there is this one stormie who renegade and became a bounty hunter , he got rid of his armor, but kept his helmet and carved a large red X on the face. Maybe this was a mistakenly released proto-type (I doubt it though, probably a molding accident.)

When I first saw the helmet with the 'X' I was sure it was a weird misprint, but then I saw thet weird face and I knew it had to be something more. I think this is probably a prank...notice how he flipped the second picture and didn't say it? The blurry second picture.....I'm suspicious.

I don't know what is up with the flipped 'X' on his helmet *wacko* . Mostly a fake.

A sharpie marker pen and a good decal along with blurry pics could easly explain this one, however if it is the real deal then i wouldnt complain. :-)

I think it's just a prank for a few reasons.

1. Why wouldn't he have noticed the "x" before he bought it? I'm sure he looked at it before buying.

2. The fact that he didn't notice it before opening it is suspicious. You can tell that he already took it out of the package and put it back in. Look at where the gun's supposed to be.

3. The face under the helmet doesn't look like LEGO quality. Unless that guy can take an up-close, detailed picture, than I'm going to consider it otherwise.

4. It's too much of a big mistake to not be noticed by LEGO. I'm sure they do thorough checks of the figures before and after packaging. If it was a prototype then what's it doing there? How would it end up in packaging facilities.

5. Last but not least, It's a customization website. The guy probably just did a custom and wanted to do a prank with it.

So my suspicions are that this is indeed a custom.

Someone is really desprate to get noticed if you ask me. |-/ Why would you flip the second pic?

Well to be fair he did admit to flipping it. He could've taken the picture vertically and flipped it accidentally while orienting the picture to post.

It looks like a face i drew on a flesh-tone head.lol.