Bonaparte

General Tutorial Discussion

A tutorial on how to make sails without having to use official LEGO would be nice. Thanks!

Is there anything specifically you're looking for that isn't already included in the Tutorial Index?

It has these three:

Hi world! I haven't exactly looked too much but I would love a tutorial on sloped (star) forts used before and during age of sails. I already know one technic which i will gladly share (as it was already around when i found it), but i am sure there are plenty others too, equally or better than the one i am currently practicing on. As always, thanks in advance!

Hey, I would really like to see a tutorial on building masts and how to reinforce them. It would be even better to have a collection of different techniques. I would help where I could.

Hey, I would really like to see a tutorial on building masts and how to reinforce them. It would be even better to have a collection of different techniques. I would help where I could.

Its been talked about in ancient times of this forum, here, here, and here. A tutorial has never been made though.

The rigging is supposed to reinforce the mast, so the mast doesn't sway. The two should go together. Rigging or the mast alone is not supposed to support the sails and handle wind (or accidental bumping) forces.

Should I? I've not yet because, for one, I've been rationing my limited collection of bricks for my own means. I've also, more importantly, figured that those most interested in my particular brand, would tend to be the least in need of my instruction. Perhaps I'm wrong, and correct me if I am, but it always appeared to me that those on the historical side of the conceptual divide tend to figure things out for them selves from their own reference material. Conversely those more on the fantastic end of the spectrum shy away from what they perceive as too much work and material investment on a MOC which may not even be "permanent".

I've thought about it several times, but always came around to talking my self out of it. If I thought it'd be useful and appreciated I'd find the time and materials.

So, as no-one seemed to be to interested in making a tutorial on building masts, I took it onto myself and found a way to make them sturdy and made a tutorial of that. Here you go!

Should I? I've not yet because, for one, I've been rationing my limited collection of bricks for my own means.

If I thought it'd be useful and appreciated I'd find the time and materials.

So, as no-one seemed to be to interested in making a tutorial on building masts, ...

I recommend reading the previous response all the way. It appears you missed the point of his post, which would explain his frustration.

:wall: