Bob De Quatre

[MOC] ARC-135

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

First build of the year! The few hours spent today were great as I really like the ARC-170 and wanted to build something that looked similar both in shape and functionalities, but somewhat smaller.

The ARC-135 could be the little brother of the ARC-170

:classic:

11690479275_5280345ca9_b.jpg

11691209396_595020e596_b.jpg

11690684793_840c6936a1.jpg11690812894_9cc31862f1.jpg

11690683093_8ac8813880.jpg

I think it is beautiful, I am always amazed by your LDD-skills and concepts. But I would like to see it build with real bricks to see if those underwings will stay attached and in place. It would be cool if they where attached to the body as well and not just the engines.

I think I prefer it to the real ARC Fighter, it always struck me as too big for an X-Wing predecessor.

Thanks guys :blush:

I think it is beautiful, I am always amazed by your LDD-skills and concepts. But I would like to see it build with real bricks to see if those underwings will stay attached and in place. It would be cool if they where attached to the body as well and not just the engines.

I couldn't attach them to the body, but I think that in real bricks the wings will fall down a little until the underwings touch the body. Someone has to brickbuild it to check that :wink:

I think I prefer it to the real ARC Fighter, it always struck me as too big for an X-Wing predecessor.

Someone told me that too on Flickr... Seriously Lucasarts should have asked me to validate their ships designs :grin:

It looks a bit skinny in the midsection to be honest, but I do love the swooshiness of it. Only one other thing... does it work in real life? Those lower wings look like they'd take issue with gravity. Cool stuff though!

As always, beautiful work with all the curves and angles. :wub: (especially around the bulbous tip of the nose) This looks more plausible as an X-wing precursor than the ARC-170, with the long nose and two wings on each side instead of three. The wing arrangement is an interesting interpretation of S-foils, and even if they don’t have two positions and even if they look a little more general sci-fi-esque than Star Wars-esque, I like it. The slightly asymmetrical greebling is a nice touch, too. :thumbup:

gallery_5203_163_10909.png

Thanks BD for the blogging :blush:

I must say that I didn't know the ARC-170 was the precursor of the x-wing :grin:

It looks a bit skinny in the midsection to be honest, but I do love the swooshiness of it. Only one other thing... does it work in real life? Those lower wings look like they'd take issue with gravity. Cool stuff though!

I think the wings should work as they are. They will go down a little tough.

Maybe I'll try new attachments for the wings and see how it looks.

This is just a quick MOC, and I usually don't want to spend more than a few hours on them, considering that I still have bigger project to finish (currently a 13 000 bricks one).

Did some changes. Now both the upperwings and the underwings are attached to the body and the engine. Also I managed to lower the parts between the 2 canopies by one plate. I removed the fin under the nose as it wasn't looking really good.

11735349493_59c1d03a71_c.jpg

Star Wars ARC-135 by BobDeQuatre, on Flickr

I must say that I didn't know the ARC-170 was the precursor of the x-wing :grin

Yeah, Lucas and his concept team from Sith decided it should be — I still think the Z-95 looks better as an X-wing predecessor.

I definitely like the wings, and the removal of the engines from the body, putting them further on the wings. I also enjoy the curved windshields on the side of the body, creating an interesting aesthetic. How mobile are the rear cannons? and why no astromech? I laugh at any attempts to build this for real with those hinges considering the size of the engines and wings.

I definitely like the wings, and the removal of the engines from the body, putting them further on the wings. I also enjoy the curved windshields on the side of the body, creating an interesting aesthetic. How mobile are the rear cannons? and why no astromech? I laugh at any attempts to build this for real with those hinges considering the size of the engines and wings.

The rear cannon can rotate horizontaly, but I didn't have the space to add a vertical rotation. There is no astromech since it's a small fighter, like on the a-wing.

Wow, that looks amazing. The lines flow so nicely and the finished build looks very un-lego-like (meant as a compliment)

Those curved wings :wub: Bob maybe your ancestors invented the wheels :grin: Very great job, altough I liked the fin under the nose.

Love all of the changes you made. Do you think this will help support the wing weight if built?

I will miss the fin at the bottom, I like that part of the design. :sceptic:

Edited by DonBrizzel

Thanks all :blush:

I've done some change on the engines and the guns... I 'll put back the fin under the nose as I miss it too :wink:

11844641714_ccd4364bba_c.jpg

11844214605_7ac5953d84_c.jpg

11845019886_2f886ea8a6_c.jpg

I like the changes to the engines, make it look less lego-like. My opinion is that the double guns looked better, but I won't miss them as bad as I miss the bottom fin. If you keep the second guns off, are you going to remove the plates with holders?

Also, any chance you can make the intake side of the engines look more similar to the 170 and the x-wing intakes? That was it would make it look more like the 170's little brother.

I really like the new engines. Very podracer-esque, which gives the impression that the ship has more power to carry and feed those fat guns that are now the only primary weaponry. :thumbup:

great looking, not used to all those red stuff (i'm way too focused on ep IV-VI movies), but that's one model I'd love to build (although, again, not having any white or red parts hurts):)

The new engines look better IMO they have a more powerful look, also the cannon's are more exciting, the previous were too plain. Any yay for the fin :grin: