Aethersprite

Legends of Chima 2014 Discussion

A friend from BIONIFIGS have found official pictures on Amazon, you can see them here (and in my brickshelf folder when public). They're available on pre-order, and according to amazon.fr, they'll be shipped on the 1st of June. So... chances are high for the sets to be released. :sweet:

Oh wow; hopefully that is indeed the case! Those pictures look very nice.

Well, that's strange. Why would Amazon be given official product images of cancelled figures?

And yes, this is a serious question as it requires asking.

Meso, new video time?

Edited by Jetrax99

Huh, I hadn't noticed the way the pieces on the Zamor launchers keep the spheres in. Pretty neat, and looks better than the other solutions I've seen or tried before.

Saved all the pictures to my phone, which is currently my only method of posting because my laptop is being a piece of crap.

Well, that's strange. Why would Amazon be given official product images of cancelled figures?

And yes, this is a serious question as it requires asking.

Meso, new video time?

Yup. This should just become a regular series at this point. XD It'll be going up shortly.

Here's hoping they do release, those bones are an absolute necessity at the moment

And those CGI really do the sets themselves a lot more justice than Toy fair did, well except for the mammoth..

June release just like last year! YESS! Makes the wait for HF (which is likely pushed to August like the past years) a bit easier. Sets should be out in stores here on time, too.

Yay! More tr. blue parts! And, while I still think the tr. orange hands look strange, Panthar's tr. red bone looks awesome! And he includes some other rare pieces, so I definitely have an excuse to by more of the Chima line-up than last year.

Mungus' head looks strangely like that of a bull, though.

Vardy looks like the best parts pack for tr. blue. Strange, as I absolutely hated the first images of it, while Fangar looks significantly less impressive now.

All in all, I think I like this line-up.

Is that a brown socket/hand piece on Mungus's trunk? If so, it's surprising, considering that Lego seemed to get the idea that they could get away with making only black ones. Anyway, I hope these get reseased.

Meso, to answer your question from the vid, no, the zamor launchers don't look to be remolded, and yes, the one on Fluminox looks black.

Now a question for you. Do you guy ever alternate member or bring new people on?

Is that a brown socket/hand piece on Mungus's trunk? If so, it's surprising, considering that Lego seemed to get the idea that they could get away with making only black ones. Anyway, I hope these get reseased.

They are available in several other colors too.

And when it comes to BZP as a news source, remember that that particular site doesn't allow discussing evolution because it is seen as religious topic... Wouldn't be that serious with them. I'm glad that the sets are released as there is some really great parts. Panthar, Laval and Cragger seem to be the most plausible one. Fluminox has some great stuff too but I think I will pass it because of the higher prize tag. Unsymmetrical limbs on the bad guys looks neat but kind of suck on a MOCer's perspective, as two sets of each are needed to get a pair of same limb pieces; there has been the same problem with printed shells for some time.

They are available in several other colors too.

And when it comes to BZP as a news source, remember that that particular site doesn't allow discussing evolution because it is seen as religious topic... Wouldn't be that serious with them. I'm glad that the sets are released as there is some really great parts. Panthar, Laval and Cragger seem to be the most plausible one. Fluminox has some great stuff too but I think I will pass it because of the higher prize tag. Unsymmetrical limbs on the bad guys looks neat but kind of suck on a MOCer's perspective, as two sets of each are needed to get a pair of same limb pieces; there has been the same problem with printed shells for some time.

Evolution comment is absolutely untrue, discussion of such on BZP is absolutely allowed. Our news source is a LEGO employee whose job is communicating between fans and TLG, who was not named at Andrew's discretion. Mostly to stop him from getting blasted with useless emails.

I certainly hope these get released, the lack if solicitations for them in retailers catalogs s still suspicious.

DV: I sent you a personal message.

It seems that the pics of the packages are European ones without part numbers, warning etc. I don't know if they usually appear on the first clear official pics, but might this mean that they have been chancelled in US but not in Europe, in similar way that minifigure series 11 wasn't released in Northern Europe of Benelux.

I hope that this is indeed conformation of at least some sort of release, 'cos those sets look SO GOOD in these pictures! I need those parts!!!

Panthar and Mungus even look passable, but those two titans look fantastic, and seeing the Zamor launcher again hit me right in the childhood. :cry_happy:

We heard from TLGs CEE team today after these showed up- they are sticking with the canceled route regardless of Amazon's pre-orders. I am hoping this might end up as European exclusives, if just because importing is pretty easy.

It seems that the pics of the packages are European ones without part numbers, warning etc. I don't know if they usually appear on the first clear official pics, but might this mean that they have been chancelled in US but not in Europe, in similar way that minifigure series 11 wasn't released in Northern Europe of Benelux.

Say what? I kinda took for granted all European countries got the same sets under the same releases. Well, I think there was a Germany-only line but I might be wrong now.

Anyway, I agree, as I said before these might be USA-only. It seems Lego is taking a slightly different approach to USA market this year so I wouldn't be surprised if that happens TBH. Hopefully, if that's the case, Lego will give USA fans the opportunity to buy pieces from the website. These pieces are just too good, everyone should be able to get their hands on them. :tongue:

As for the pics, nothing new (well, I didn't really expect that), the only thing I notice is that Mungus's spike halves appear to be in regular tr. light blue, but I'm not sure. That bluish clear colour from the video looks cool, but I rather have the halves be tr. light blue given what I intend to use them for.

They better not be cancelled for the US, otherwise LEGO can join Hasbro and Mattel in my list of companies that make products limited to a certain region for no reason whatsoever.

They better not be cancelled for the US, otherwise LEGO can join Hasbro and Mattel in my list of companies that make products limited to a certain region for no reason whatsoever.

What makes you think it would be for no reason whatsoever? From what I've heard, Legends of Chima has been far more successful in Europe than the US, though much of that is anecdotal. If the LEGO Group has reason to think the sets will be more successful as a Europe-only release, then better to do that than cancel the line entirely.

What makes you think it would be for no reason whatsoever? From what I've heard, Legends of Chima has been far more successful in Europe than the US, though much of that is anecdotal. If the LEGO Group has reason to think the sets will be more successful as a Europe-only release, then better to do that than cancel the line entirely.

Well, that doesn't mean a US release should be cancelled. They'll still get their more profitable sales in the European market, and those of us here in the states that actually want the sets won't have to scrounge ebay, bricklink or get them imported. Too expensive.

Edited by Jetrax99

I'm just glad the sets are being released somewhere and aren't completely cancelled. Really want to get Fangar and Vardy for parts (trans blue saw and a cape!).

Well I wouldn't be too unused to the idea of an out-of-region only release, though an increase in cost is likely going to be more than I was already wanting to spend on these figures; And some bricklink sellers charge insane amounts for international shipping..

Do keep in mind, at least in Hasbro's sake, that Hasbro is not the sole producer of it's products. For example with transformers, Takara-Tomy (who originally began the line with Diaclone) is based in japan, and their figures are marketed exclusively for Japan. Those "other region" releases are because it's a completely different company based in a different region marketing them. I'm not familiar with many Mattel lines so I can't comment on them. "No reason whatsoever" is actually very sound and thought out reasoning. Companies do pay attention to their annual reports, otherwise they wouldn't exactly be successful.

It's a shame they aren't going to be released in the US (good news for my wallet), but since I was going to buy the sets only for there parts, the news doesn't matter to me, I'll just bricklink the parts I wanted.