just2good

LEGO Ultra Agents 2014

That name came close to turning me away from the theme completely. Ultra Agents is a highly unimaginative name-what's next, Mega Agents? Super Agents? Epic Agents? Cool Agents?

Of course, the 2008 Agents theme takes the cake for the most generic Agents theme name ever. Heh.

Maybe I will like the sets. But I'm just not feeling the name...

How about Super Duper Agent Troopers from Space!?!

I think it's a little early to really judge these sets. Some are still preliminary and minifigs were notably absent.

Plus it appeared that sets were just randomly placed next to each other creating visual chaos.

Brickset can also be cynical sometimes...

Not just cynical, often it's just plain underappreciative of sets.

This does not sound promising :(

Huw is one to be very biased towards his prefered themes (action themes, clearly). This makes his coverage hard to read as he never gives any real credit for these themes. I'm sure that if he even remotely appreciated even one of them, we'd have better coverage of all three.

If anyone is going to either Nurenburg or NY Toy Fair, make sure you absorb ever juicy little bit and be sure to inform us all of the wonderful things to come!

Edited by Penkid11

Here's a name from an old show " Super Robot Monkey Team Hyper Force Go".

Does anyone think that the 'Hurricane heist' set is going to be a bank robbery? I personally hope so because I don't think lego have ever produced a good bank. :classic:

I'll alter the name now.

Sadly it is true, Action Themes never have much of a hardcore following (Waves a flag, facepaint, bumper stickers and all! Graaa! *forever alone*) and you'll find much more detail on resin dewbacks and suchlike.

I for one am glad of a return, next I want to see some more Adventure!

I missed out on Atlantis and would love for that to return, but maybe this isn't the right thread? (shut up Freddy!)

When exactly is New York Toy Fair, though? February am I correct? Because if that is so then it wouldn't be so long before we start to see information! Again, I can't wait to have my own Ann Lee (and maybe Frank Rock if I'm bored) to go on spy missions!

Isn't Nurenburg Toy Fair next week?

We'll have plenty of information then. Mostly visual for those of us who aren't speakers of the native tongue.

Think of the Toy Fairs like the construction of house.

London is the foundation.

Nurenburg is the construction.

New York is the furnishing.

You get concrete info, construct the full picture, then you fill in the remaining bits.

How about Super Duper Agent Troopers from Space!?!

I think it's a little early to really judge these sets. Some are still preliminary and minifigs were notably absent.

Plus it appeared that sets were just randomly placed next to each other creating visual chaos.

Sorry, I just don't feel like the title is any better then the old "Hero Factory 2.0/ 3.0" scheme. Everything is one step higher and deserves your money.

And I haven't seen the sets yet, so I am somewhat interested in this theme. I just found the title average. I guess I'm the only one?

Yeah I was joking.

I certainly like the idea of Agents, but would prefer a more James Bond approach.

Edited by Darth Punk

I'll alter the name now.

Sadly it is true, Action Themes never have much of a hardcore following (Waves a flag, facepaint, bumper stickers and all! Graaa! *forever alone*) and you'll find much more detail on resin dewbacks and suchlike.

I for one am glad of a return, next I want to see some more Adventure!

Well outside of Ninjago? Which I think goes well past hard core and into the realms of riotous. They demanded Lego give them back their theme...NOW! And they won... Well played crazy Ninja Moms (sadly I don't think the strategy of all the 40 something LotR fans getting their moms to call TLG will leave quite the same impression? )

Other than the Ninja's Action Themes seem to have an up and down collection of fans. But in the end almost always leave us wanting just a little more. But I confess a deep love for all incarnations of the Super Agents type themes. Alpha Team and Agents.

I am kind of hoping that the clashing colors are more related to the villains this go round. From the titles it sounds like Inferno may be one of several villains, each with their own theme and scheme. Which could be really cool.

Yeah I was joking.

I certainly like the idea of Agents, but would prefer a more James Bond approach.

James Bond? Hmmm? Rampant heavily armed mysoginistic alcoholic sex maniac on whom the fate of the world rests. On the upside it would probably result in some of the most "educational" play sets Lego has ever released.

On the downside, they'd be some of the most "educational" play sets Lego has ever made.

James Bond? Hmmm? Rampant heavily armed mysoginistic alcoholic sex maniac on whom the fate of the world rests.

Someone needs to make this a meme.

I stopped taking Brickset seriously when their Toy Fair (London IIRC) report last year called the CHI Ultrabuild figures "HORRIBLE". Yes, in all caps. I don't care which themes you like or dislike, that's utterly unrespectful and immature.

I was more referring to the international appeal. Having a group like Spectre as the enemy, and lots of gadgets.

Agents sounds more like FBI agents, but I am interested in seeing the sets.

On the upside it would probably result in some of the most "educational" play sets Lego has ever released.

On the downside, they'd be some of the most "educational" play sets Lego has ever made.

That's actually the perfect way to describe it. :grin:

I am kind of hoping that the clashing colors are more related to the villains this go round. From the titles it sounds like Inferno may be one of several villains, each with their own theme and scheme. Which could be really cool.

As of now, that's my biggest hope. From the names it seems like this may be the route that'll be taken... I can at least hope that it is... It would be nice to have a round range of baddies to collect besides the Superhero ones

Huw is one to be very biased towards his prefered themes (action themes, clearly). This makes his coverage hard to read as he never gives any real credit for these themes. I'm sure that if he even remotely appreciated even one of them, we'd have better coverage of all three.

If anyone is going to either Nurenburg or NY Toy Fair, make sure you absorb ever juicy little bit and be sure to inform us all of the wonderful things to come!

...If he's biased toward action themes, why would he not like Agents?

I think he meant Huw is biased against Action Themes.

Yep, he meant that.

Ultra Agents

70160 Riverside Raid £9.99

70161 Tremor Track Infiltration £17.99

70162 Inferno Interception £24.99

70163 Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown £34.99

70164 Hurricane Heist £49.99

70165 Ultra Agents Mission HQ £79.99

The return of the popular and, it seems, successful, Agents theme. However I was very disappointed with them. There was no coherent design or colour scheme that had made the previous theme appealing, they were just a mish-mash of odd-designed vehicles in strange colours. The big selling point seems to be not the contents of the sets but an 'augmented reality' mission based app that is activated using codes in the boxes.

Ugh. It's bad reporting like this that I hate. He took no attention to any individual set and just branded the line as a whole. At least we know it IS Agents returning, and Inferno will be back.

Edited by JayWalker

I think he meant Huw is biased against Action Themes.

Yep, he meant that.

Ugh. It's bad reporting like this that I hate. He took no attention to any individual set and just branded the line as a whole. At least we know it IS Agents returning, and Inferno will be back.

It's frustrating when 'news' reports end up being editorials.