just2good

LEGO Ultra Agents 2014

I have never previously invested in the agents theme, which was a mistake. So I am very pleased to here that this theme is returning.

For those of you who may not be able to view the logo:

(logo)

I don't want to start any speculation, but the logo looks like a cross with the Agents logo from 2008 (or whenever :tongue:), and the original Alpha Team logo. :oh:

Edited by Lego Spy

This is what Barry from brickfanatics.co.uk has spotted at the London Toy Fair:

Ultra Agents 2nd half, 2014 Spy storyline where the overlord is a clandestine figure. Every box you get a different mission with an online comic. Works with augmented reality to create your own comics. Agents Blaize, Phoenix, Bolt, Burns. Enemies Terror set are:70165 Mission HQ. Optimus Prime-esque. £79.99, 70164 Hurricane Heist £49.99, 70163 Toxikita’s Toxic Meltdown £34.99 (green hairpiece), 70160 Riverside Raid £9.99, 70161 Tremor Track Infiltration £17.99, 70162 Inferno Interception £24.99 (Inferno has a fire-based Lego hairpiece)

http://brickfanatics.co.uk/london-toy-fair-report/

OVERLORD????!!!!

It would not be the first time they included some interconnecting lore in the themes. Such as Atlantis and Alien Conquest, so you never know?

OVERLORD????!!!!

That's what I was thinking! Perhaps they meant an Overlord (as a general person i.e. not Ninjago).

(Inferno has a fire-based Lego hairpiece)

Didn't we already know that! :wub_drool:

Presumably they meant "generic evil overlord" rather than "god of evil, Ninjago". But I really hope the "Tremor Tracks" set includes a technic tremor feature.

Hmm, another command HQ. It sounds like they mean it is a truck, because the monkey goes in Chima. (Optimus Prime ref there)

I will certainly enjoy this new theme, the logo is temptation enough!

So Inferno's the villain again? Since I missed out on the old theme, I'm completely fine with this! Can't wait to see this "Tornado" though, how would one recreate natural disasters with ABS plastic?

Some feature which moves bits of scenery around in a circular pattern or draws them to a central point, I assume.

Ultra Agents

70160 Riverside Raid £9.99

70161 Tremor Track Infiltration £17.99

70162 Inferno Interception £24.99

70163 Toxikita's Toxic Meltdown £34.99

70164 Hurricane Heist £49.99

70165 Ultra Agents Mission HQ £79.99

The return of the popular and, it seems, successful, Agents theme. However I was very disappointed with them. There was no coherent design or colour scheme that made the previous theme appealing, they were just a mish-mash of odd-designed vehicles in strange colours. The big selling point seems to be not the contents of the sets but an 'augmented reality' mission based app that is activated using codes in the boxes.

http://brickset.com/news/article/?ID=9818

This does not sound promising :(