just2good

LEGO Ultra Agents 2014

Well... There are agents that look a lot like the ones from the previous Agents series... The villains look like... jet plane pilots. That's all I can say. The pics I saw were very low quality.

Oh, did I mention that the large truck looks retarded? The designer of the cabin must have been inspired by Fiat Multipla and an airport tower. :laugh:

Well... There are agents that look a lot like the ones from the previous Agents series... The villains look like... jet plane pilots. That's all I can say. The pics I saw were very low quality.

Oh, did I mention that the large truck looks retarded? The designer of the cabin must have been inspired by Fiat Multipla and an airport tower. :laugh:

I'm having a hard time believing anything Agents can be done wrong.

Who's this Ogel everyone's talking about? Was he the villain for adventure's? Also, black and lime sounds great, I've always liked that combination and it is probably going to be more appealing than the blue-orange (which I also loved).

Ogel.jpg

The evil Ogel was the main antagonist of the Alpha Team theme, which featured six super-agents trying to stop the aforementioned mastermind from using mind-control orbs to take over the world.

I'm having a hard time believing anything Agents can be done wrong.

I love Agents, but I'll admit that half of the builds of the original line don't hold up today. :grin:

More like a typical jet pilot, really. The text beneath the art says: Agents vs Tornado.

And its definitely more like the previous Agents' gear, no tuxedos. :sadnew:

Aw, I'd love some tuxes.

Hmmm? A Villain Group called "Tornado" with a kind of weather theme going on would follow well from "Inferno". It would not surprise me if the really big truck is the new Ultra Agents HQ. The original Mobile HQ is still one of the 10 best Lego sets ever made.

Tornado is interesting! And, the Mobile HQ always falls apart for me when you lift the roof up. Really big disappointment when I first built it. I do love the area inside, though. But it's a huge flaw. :sad:

Really, not that much has changed since 2008 as far as build quality. Most of those sets (truck and sports car especially) look great today still, IMO.

Weren't they both Mark Stafford designs? So they still pretty well reflect a lot of the current design philosophy and approach. Agents always struck me as one of the beginning points for the modern design era's. You see a lot of similarities in things like Chima and especially Ninjago set designs today.

It is awesome that we are going to have LEGO Agents again, i hope we get the same agents again but a have a feeling that they are not going to be the same as the ones from 2008.

Another thing is i really hope they bring some bionicle parts for one or 2 of there sets like what they did before but that's unlikely.

Crud, prioritizing what themes/sets to buy in 2014 is going to be so annoying… Well, if the minifigures look awesome I'll probably pick up the two smallest sets.

Wow, so I was kind of right in thinking these villains perhaps are using weather control tech. Thanks as always just2good for the link, this is sounding, and looking, better and better! That logo is certainly appealing, very nice with the black and electric blue colour, certainly gives the impression that it's an elite team of the best of the best. Maybe the bad guys are an off shoot of Ogel, maybe someone using other Lego villains tech for there own purposes, or Ogel himself in a Cabal of super-villians? These airplane pilots sound like Blacktron 1 guys, very threatening. I look forward to more...

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

Maybe the Large truck with the tower is some kind of weather control device.

One of the old LEGO Alpha Team online comics/games involved Ogel controlling the weather. I doubt there'd be a direct connection, but it'd be interesting to see a similar concept used again.

Nevermind, just saw the image, great looking logo! I can already see the adventures these little beauty's will be having, I just hope they don't mind their roster changing, the day I get my Ann Lee will be they day these Agents have their first initiation!

Returns this summer with the LEGO Agents theme even as ULTRA Agents and these resources:

LEGO 70161 - Infiltrator heavy tracked

LEGO 70162 - Underworld interception

LEGO 70163 - Toxikita toxic accident

LEGO 70164 - Sweeping Bandit action

LEGO 70165 - Ultra agents Headquarters

What do you think?

That is a translation of what he said. So this is yet ANOTHER theme making a return this year. That is, if you count Benny and Johnny Thunder as a line returning, even if it's just the minifigs

That is a translation of what he said. So this is yet ANOTHER theme making a return this year. That is, if you count Benny and Johnny Thunder as a line returning, even if it's just the minifigs

I don't think they meant it that way, just that the idea is returning. :wink:

Wait, what? I thought there was no confirmation on any figures?

There isn't. But many, many of us wish it were so!

Huh, the picture isn't showing up for me. This looks like it'll be an interesting theme. If it's anything like the last agents theme, it'll have some useful parts. I'll admit I've never been a huge fan of spy themes, but there'll certainly be reasons for me to spend my money on them!