just2good

LEGO Ultra Agents 2014

i've just finished building toxikita's meltdown in this moment, and i think they took the worst angle possible to photograph that copter.

The pic in the box doesn't give at all the real feeling of it. While i bought it initially for the minifigs and to complete the line, i'm indeed sadisfied by the set itself.

Another confirmation for me, that this is the best serie of 2014.

I'm looking forward to buy Toxica's Toxic Meltdown. The copter looks great, the nuclear lab seems like a very nice playset and the parts look great for the kind of MOCs I'd like to build. Gotta love those trans neon green windscreens and tiles!

I'm planning on getting all the other sets, I'm just really not impressed with Hurricane Heist. How do you guys feels about this set?

Personally, I think it's cool. It seems to be a love it or hate it set, though. I won't pick it up seeing as there's other sets I'd want first, but I think it's pretty good.

If anybody wants a detailed look at 70162 Infearno Interception and the many new parts it offers, check out my review that was just posted to The New Elementary!

Thanks for the feedback on the Toxikita set, guys. I was unsure about it. So far I have Riverside Raid, Infearno, and Tremor Track. Plan on getting Hurricane Heist soon, Mission HQ for Christmas, then will get Toxikita at some point. I just am so impressed with this whole line.

It's a good little set ,with a fun build ,a cool Agent and one of Toxikita's minions.

Stan 5345: Hurricane Heist is actually really cool. And the fact that it's so different from the rest of the sets makes it stand out (in a good way). Coupled with some neat functions and great minifigs makes it a wonderful set. Plus, two modes gives you two display options.

TheLegoPerson9: Riverside Raid is nice for such a small set. It's a cute little vehicle with the (standard) great minifigs. It's just a nice little vehicle to drive around. And the top disconnects to become a jet ski thing, so that's a plus.

Honestly, having all the sets, I can't not recommend any of them. They're all fantastic.

Honestly, having all the sets, I can't not recommend any of them. They're all fantastic.

Since you have a full picture, I'd be interested in knowing which set places as your least favourite and why (if it's due to design, price, etc).

Hmmm... Least favorite... Honestly, it's hard to choose. I want to say Riverside Raid, but that's probably just me since it was the last set I got (hardly a big finale). But I think I'm going to go with it as being my least fav. Don't get me wrong, it's a cool set, and a nice little impulse buy. But when you look at other sets in an affordable price-range (Tremor and Infearno, mainly), it just falls short. And, yeah, I know. It's a small set, and there's not much you can do with it. But for what it is, it's a great little set.

From least favorite to favorite I'd rank it as:

Riverside Raid

Tremor Track

Hurricane Heist

Toxic Meltdown

HQ

Infearno Interception

But they're all very close. Especially Tremor Track, Hurricane Heist, and Toxic Meltdown. Overall, I think it's a very good balance. As the sets get more expensive, you pay for a higher quality. With the exception of a few, which gives you a great set at a lower price.

I'm not going to mince words: I think Tremor Track is boring to look at. It just doesn't visually appeal to me for some reason. But I keep picking it up and making the fists go while I'm thinking about other stuff, so it must be doing something right in the play value department.

It's a small set, and there's not much you can do with it. But for what it is, it's a great little set.

Alrighty. Thanks for sharing your perspective.

With people jumping ship here on this topic and talking more and more about the possibilities of the 2015 wave, I just want to see if anyone caught all the references in the Ultra Agent line... There was some talk here but I'm really curious if anyone can name them all :sweet:

With people jumping ship here on this topic and talking more and more about the possibilities of the 2015 wave, I just want to see if anyone caught all the references in the Ultra Agent line... There was some talk here but I'm really curious if anyone can name them all :sweet:

Well Infearno may be an off reference to Dr. Inferno from the original Agents line, but that's ones a little iffy.

Solomon Blaze was also a member of the Blue Squad in Galaxy Squad.

Other than that, none really come to mind. There's no doubt that there's something that I'm overlooking, as I've only really accounted for one that can actually be proven. :tongue:

There's also the fact that the interface on the Hurricane Heist mech pays tribute to Metal Gear Solid.

I can see a few are still missing... Some aren't super obvious though, and one so far has been undetected... I wonder if anyone can find "that" one :sweet:

Jack Fury could possibly be a reference to Nick Fury or Rex Fury.

He could perhaps be a reference to of the most famous Agent`s on TV and Movie`s

Nick Fury = Marvel

Jack Bauer = 24

Jack Bauer + Nick Fury = Jack Fury

Okay, here's the ones that have been mentioned that are correct:

Solomon Blaze is the same Solomon Blaze from Galaxy Squad

There is a Metal Gear reference on the mech from Hurricane Heist

We're still missing quite a few but just know not all the references are LEGO related :wink:

Let me take another shot...

The off color being a trans color makes most of the Ultra Agents' vehicles seem TRON-like.

I'm also not sure where the phrase "Bad to the Bone" comes from, but that little nod on the back Terabyte's torso ("Bad to the Code").

Perchance is Max Burns a nod to the Max minifig that's on all of the Lego Club promos?

Edited by Penkid11

A 2015 set list has confirmed that the "mystery villain" will appear in the 2015, under the name "AntiMatter".

http://news.toyark.com/2014/08/30/lego-2015-set-details-super-heroes-jurassic-world-star-wars-136985

70166 – Spyclops Infiltration

70167 – Invisible Gold Robbery

70168 – Drillex Diamond Theft

70169 – Secret Agents Secret Use

70170 – UltraCopter vs. AntiMatter

A 2015 set list has confirmed that the "mystery villain" will appear in the 2015, under the name "AntiMatter".

http://news.toyark.c...tar-wars-136985

70166 – Spyclops Infiltration

70167 – Invisible Gold Robbery

70168 – Drillex Diamond Theft

70169 – Secret Agents Secret Use

70170 – UltraCopter vs. AntiMatter

Thanks for the information, but we've been discussing that here for the past week or so. :wink: