just2good

LEGO Ultra Agents 2014

I wonder if there is going to be a retail exclusive set like with other themes.

If so, it won't be until the second wave (there better be one!). We would've heard about it by now, no?

I finally got around to reviewing Infearno Interception...

14193296382_62831c2b40.jpg

14193297932_42a13bbfdf.jpg

14009175158_9ff09dc8bf.jpg

14009162859_988c39e321.jpg

14009171868_5193a7ba68.jpg

14195832115_ee2aceba8d.jpg

This set is just2...great! The prices is perfect (313 pieces and two awesome minifigures, one is exclusive), the play features are fun and original (when they work...), and there's some neat pieces here. :sweet:

And just for the fun of it:

14195770614_fe8a2eef7f.jpg

I did that in five minutes. :laugh:

Hey, not a bad likeness! When you're feeling better, what's next in your queue? I know you said you didn't get any of the bigger Ultra Agents sets, so I'm guessing you didn't get Toxikita?

Hey, not a bad likeness! When you're feeling better, what's next in your queue? I know you said you didn't get any of the bigger Ultra Agents sets, so I'm guessing you didn't get Toxikita?

Thanks! Hopefully the new LEGO Movie sets! In terms of UA, maybe maybe maybe Toxikita. :grin:

Sounds good. I'll especially look forward to your review of the Dropship if you picked it up or are planning to. Get better first!

And just for the fun of it:

14195770614_fe8a2eef7f.jpg

I did that in five minutes. :laugh:

Came here to see just that! What torso did you use? Now i only have to get me that flamehead and a chain from the new Hero line-up. Welcome ghostrider

Came here to see just that! What torso did you use? Now i only have to get me that flamehead and a chain from the new Hero line-up. Welcome ghostrider

It's a jacket from a few Town sets from the 90s. I should probably change it to Mutt William's jacket that I have. Infearno's helmet piece is so useful! :grin:

That set looks wonderful. When I'm out over the weekend, I'll see if I can find it. Too good to pass up! Not to mention the minifigs. Infearno's probably my favorite out of the villains, and I love me some Galaxy Squad. So the fact that Solomon Blaze is in it makes it even better!

Sounds good. I'll especially look forward to your review of the Dropship if you picked it up or are planning to. Get better first!

I think he or anyone else should take their time and get it patiently. I haven't even seen UA show up in my stores, but I can wait happily for their arrival :) I mean, we're all anxious for new sets, but we should not be hasty in our LEGO money spending or reviewing methods. I prefer to take my time with things, personally, to avoid sloppiness. As a great man once said, "haste makes waste," and another said, "slow and steady wins the race".

Play well,

Maniac4Bricks :)

It's a jacket from a few Town sets from the 90s. I should probably change it to Mutt William's jacket that I have. Infearno's helmet piece is so useful! :grin:

For specific listings of the torso used above, see here: http://www.bricklink...asp?P=973p28c01

Mutt's torso looks more thug-like and could work well with Ghost Rider :)

Play well,

Maniac4Bricks :)

Edited by Maniac4Legos

I just bought the Inferno set today, and it's a really fun build! Naturally, my son commandeered the flame head piece for Ghost Rider! I need to get at least 4-5 of those pieces from Pick-a-Brick. They come in handy.

I like it, but it's also a clear throwback to 4-Wheeling Pursuit, and also one of the first times that LEGO used a stand-alone female villain to be the main threat. I don't know why everyone is clamoring for her to have a new set or reviews, but it's just popular, it seems.

I like it, but it's also a clear throwback to 4-Wheeling Pursuit, and also one of the first times that LEGO used a stand-alone female villain to be the main threat. I don't know why everyone is clamoring for her to have a new set or reviews, but it's just popular, it seems.

As some commenters here have said, the set description states that she is trying to steal the crystal to complete her superweapon, so some are hoping for a set that features said superweapon (similarly to how all the first-wave Agents sets featured Dr. Inferno's henchmen stealing things to complete the giant laser in the Volcano Base set). If there were another unannounced set, and it featured a previously-seen villain, it wouldn't surprise me if it were Toxikita—after all, while she lacks the evil overlord persona of Dr. Inferno, she IS the only new villain to have her own henchman. At this point in the year if there are any sets we haven't yet seen, they'll probably be retailer-exclusives—unless the theme continues for another wave next year, which is entirely possible given this theme's strong multimedia focus as well as its open-ended nature.

That brings up an interesting point. If she does make her superweapon in a future set, than that means Curtis Bolt ultimately failed in his original mission, confusing a few kids if their playtime revolves around official info. I think it's just an excuse motive to set up the scenario, but it would be interesting to see her again.

Does anyone else think. Infearno might be Dr. Inferno from the original Agents theme? Maybe something happened to him that turned him into a more firey villain. Its possible if we have Solomon Blaze from galaxy squad.

Does anyone else think. Infearno might be Dr. Inferno from the original Agents theme? Maybe something happened to him that turned him into a more firey villain. Its possible if we have Solomon Blaze from galaxy squad.

From what I can remember, I do believe they are completely separate villains. But there's nothing wrong with using a little imagination to have them be the same guy :sweet:

If there were another unannounced set, and it featured a previously-seen villain, it wouldn't surprise me if it were Toxikita—after all, while she lacks the evil overlord persona of Dr. Inferno, she IS the only new villain to have her own henchman.

Henchmen.

Adam Acid shares enough design similarities with Retox that I'm confident to guess they're part of a team.

Henchmen.

Adam Acid shares enough design similarities with Retox that I'm confident to guess they're part of a team.

Very true. Adam Acid also has the toxic stain type that Toxikita and Retox share, especially in the torso and face.

And the same toxic bottles/grenades on him. He does seem to be a lackey of 'Kita. I'm certain Infearno is a separate villain, but his similarities to Dr. Inferno in theme and name are no coincidence. I simply can't wait for official info.

Edited by 8BrickMario

Oooh, I loved that set, and am still trying to find a decently priced one.

Dude, I think somebody needs to do a comparison.

I know a lot of you don't think this is a continuation of agents, but think about it:

Inferno/Infearno.

Dr D Zaster, Slime face/ Toxxitta, Retox, Adam acid.

Big truck/Big truck

Also, an explanation for Solomon blaze:

The galaxy squad version is SB the third, while the UA one is the first.

I got mine a few years ago off of Amazon when the sets were fairly current. D. Zaster's hair print has since rubbed off.

I'm glad that the villains all have independence in this theme, since it allows for them to be more unique, rather than the orange/black jumpsuit-cyborg villain theme of original Agents. I'm wondering now if the Ultra Agents are a continuation or revival of the previous Agents (in-universe) and maybe some are descended from them..I have to stop speculating, but the references and similarities have us wondering...

I got mine a few years ago off of Amazon when the sets were fairly current. D. Zaster's hair print has since rubbed off.

I'm glad that the villains all have independence in this theme, since it allows for them to be more unique, rather than the orange/black jumpsuit-cyborg villain theme of original Agents. I'm wondering now if the Ultra Agents are a continuation or revival of the previous Agents (in-universe) and maybe some are descended from them..I have to stop speculating, but the references and similarities have us wondering...

I like to imagine that Dr.Inferno either just lost his damn mind or got thoroughly injured in some accident and infearno is the result. Maybe he was Spanish to begin with. Other than the obvious ideas of D.zaster/slime face being the "creator" of adam acid, Toxikita and Retox I can't think of any other references that can be interpreted.

Other than the obvious ideas of D.zaster/slime face being the "creator" of adam acid, Toxikita and Retox I can't think of any other references that can be interpreted.

Toxikita Zaster.

Toxikita Zaster.

If only her name was Toxikda. Then it would be Toxik-daZaster.