just2good

LEGO Ultra Agents 2014

I'm glad that the agents appear to be suited and booted rather than those body suits from the older waves. It gives them a bit more of a modern/James bond classic secret agent feel. Anyone else think the girl in the HQ set with the lab coat and the long ginger hair looks similar to agent Jemma Simmons in marvel's agents of shield. The sets are certainly giving off that sort of vibe. A hidden inspiration perhaps...

Oh! She does! :oh3: But I'm only guessing the designer didn't intend for that. Just a hunch :wink:

Finally! Infearno looks super cool, as does the red surfboard! Toxikita is wearing a brown bowler.

Thanks!

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

Love the new agent vehicle that comes with Infearno. A lot of people have compared the Ultra Agents vehicles to Tron, but this one's a bit more Blade Runner.

The villains are delightfully wacky. They remind me of the 2010 Hero Factory villains a bit.

Infearno Interception is the day one purchase!

Love the looks of him (although he wasn't the flaming head minifig we were expecting).

Both of the helicopter's look awesome! I love that bowler hat on Toxicita, The mech in helicopter form almost has a Halo look to it. It is going to be really hard to stick to my Lego budget this summer with Star Wars Rebels, Ninja Turtles, The Lego Movie sets, and now the Ultra Agents.

The red-ish/brown bowler hat does not look that nice on Toxikita at the moment. The vehicle has just gone up substantially in my book, however. I like the armor on that tank guy slightly less though, nor does the Infearno getup look half as nice as it did earlier. Oh well, the red Galaxy Patrol armor and the Agent's vehicle looks nice enough to validate purchasing this one.

These are actually nicer than I thought and have a few nice looking parts. The agent figs (what we can see of them) look much better than the ones in the last Agents series (more like spies than the action hero agents of the last line)

Hmm, I was under the impression that the Green haired female would be our Toxita, but now discussion is making me think that all green-face bowler hatted figure is Toxita, and it makes sense. Now I'm wondering who this green haired female is, and if she is a bad guy after all. The lack of a suit already has something going for her. Also, did anyone else think Chase McCain when they saw the agent in the Infearno set?

Wow... I'm loving the designs, but does anybody feel that this theme seems a bit uncharacteristically military? These are some mean looking vehicles. The color schemes feel military, too.

I'm not complaining, necessarily... I have yet to see a design I don't like. And those figs are delightful. But man, this is an odd thing for LEGO to come out with in the wake of the LEGO movie.

EDIT: the villians remind me of Mega Man bosses.

Edited by Algernon

Hmm, I was under the impression that the Green haired female would be our Toxita, but now discussion is making me think that all green-face bowler hatted figure is Toxita, and it makes sense. Now I'm wondering who this green haired female is, and if she is a bad guy after all. The lack of a suit already has something going for her. Also, did anyone else think Chase McCain when they saw the agent in the Infearno set?

I keep forgetting to memorize the official set names, so hopefully this makes sense:

I think the green-haired lady is Toxita, and the bowler dude is Retox. In the background of the picture of My Tank is Fists, you can see Greenstuff hanging from a chain, and in the Hosicopter picture below it, there's a chain coming out of the copter.

It could be the lighting, but to me, the guy in the Infearno set looks like he has Light Bley hair when he's standing in the truck.

I keep forgetting to memorize the official set names, so hopefully this makes sense:

I think the green-haired lady is Toxita, and the bowler dude is Retox. In the background of the picture of My Tank is Fists, you can see Greenstuff hanging from a chain, and in the Hosicopter picture below it, there's a chain coming out of the copter.

It could be the lighting, but to me, the guy in the Infearno set looks like he has Light Bley hair when he's standing in the truck.

Well at first, I too thought the green haired female was Toxita, in fact I even think some of the members here thought so too, but now the bowler hatted green skinned individual is Toxita, but I'm no expert with names. I do think however, that early descriptions showed that there was an all green figure who is Toxita, so perhaps the above posters aren't as crazy as I am!

The Agents crazy 50s sci-fi style was what made it amazing, same with the first year of Alpha Team. Futuristic doesn't make it fun to me. Plus redoing an old set (Big Truck Base) is a waste of an idea. really disappointed.

I can't see anything '50s sci-fi about the original Agents nor Alpha Team. I look at them and see their translucent neon parts, comm headsets, vehicle style (ATVs, monster trucks, supercars), villain and hero style, sharks with lasers, and find none of that to have anything to do with the 1950s' sci-fi genre. James Bond films and The Man From U.N.C.L.E. didn't even start until the '60s, so what specifically are you referring to? Also, I don't see how a newer version of a well-received set that's six years old is a 'waste', so I don't really get your huge disappointment.

EDIT: And the '50s science-fiction genre was futuristic almost by definition! I don't think your standards are very clear.

Edited by GregoryBrick

I don't care if it's a "waste", I'mma own one. Make it race the old one. Gonna build a second one in the old Agents colors (maybe)! I dunno, I'm just excited.

Wow. I managed to miss the excellent parts in some of these sets. Ignoring the large amounts of tr. light blue used in the Agents' vehicles, there's the canopy in tr. neon green in the smaller helicopter, there are the olive green HF bones in the Hurricane Heist vehicle and the list just goes on and on.

Decided to pop in here, and I'm glad I did. These sets look fantastic. Definitely want to pick some of these sets up.

And those villains look delightful. Infearno especially. Red Galaxy Patrol Guy armor :drool:

I'm liking these villains, and hopefully the new parts will eventually make it into a retro Flash Gordon style Space line. I hope Infearno's helmet gets included in the next LDD update.