just2good

LEGO Ultra Agents 2014

Ultra Agents... not sure if I like that name.

-Sci

Edited by CM4S

While I'm not that excited about Inferno returning, I am however looking forward to these:

70163 Toxikita’s Toxic Meltdown – 429 pcs – $40

70164 Hurricane Heist – 589 pcs – $70

I've liked the previous toxicity-themed Agents sets and have always been slightly saddened that I didn't get them. And Hurricane Heist sounds like a very strange set, as it's practically impossible to depict phenomena that can grow up to the size of Australia at that scale. Perhaps some sort of classical, cliched villianous superweapon with a world map showing the heroes what will happen if they don't deactivate it?

Edited by DraikNova

Maybe a villain named Hurricane? Obsessing over wind control tech or weaponry? Look's good, this "Ultra Agents" maybe the best of the best perhaps, in term's of Agents? This base sound's pretty good as well, at 1000 plus pieces it better be.

Edited by Dr Leg O Brick

Here's the official agents set list:

70160 Riverside Raid – 88 pcs – $12

70161 Tremor Track Infiltration – 241 pcs – $20

70162 Infearno Interception – 313 pcs – $30

70163 Toxikita’s Toxic Meltdown – 429 pcs – $40

70164 Hurricane Heist – 589 pcs – $70

70165 Ultra Agent Mission HQ – 1048 pcs – $100

Yes! Dr. Inferno!

I'm already wondering whether that Headquarters set will work as a S.H.I.E.L.D. base for my Marvel mini-figures.

Heck I do that with my AGENTS stuff now. All the blue vehicles with the big A on them work surprisingly well for stuff connected to the Avengers. And the Agents outfits do work as an acceptable stand in for classic Shield type uniforms, at least until we get some real comic styled stuff.

The last Agents series brought a new big shark mould in addition to a couple of other sets with animals, so I hope we get a new animal mould with this series as well :shark:

Edited by Roebuck

The last Agents series brought a new big shark mould in addition to a couple of other sets with animals, so a hope we get a new animal mould with this series as well :shark:

and lets never forget our glow in the dark octopus!

Let's hope for a new manta ray or posable octopus design this time. Or maybe even a large lizard (oh how I want a nice molded Komodo Dragon figurine). Any of these sound like the sort of creatures a villain would weaponize.

We already had that once, with the first agents release. This time, let's have carp or other fish with megablokin laser guns (laser beams refer to the stream of photons. Let's be scientifically accurate concerning our deathtraps, please).

I'm a little late to the party, but this is great news. Loved the Agents sets, and I have most of them. The Agents Mobile Command Center is still on display on my shelf. Between this and Benny's Spaceship, 2014 is turning out to be a great year of surprise returns.

I'm a little late to the party, but this is great news. Loved the Agents sets, and I have most of them. The Agents Mobile Command Center is still on display on my shelf. Between this and Benny's Spaceship, 2014 is turning out to be a great year of surprise returns.

Agreed this year is going to killy wallet...

Just seen a couple of rather low-quality prelims. It's indeed "Ultra Agents". Nothing too interesting - some weird-looking vehicles, small mechas, jets... Imagine a crossbreed between Chima and Super Heroes and you get a general idea. The only thing that grabbed my attention was a huge truck - not sure if it belongs to the heroes or the villains, though. Colors: I saw lots of black and some lime.

Just seen a couple of rather low-quality prelims. It's indeed "Ultra Agents". Nothing too interesting - some weird-looking vehicles, small mechas, jets... Imagine a crossbreed between Chima and Super Heroes and you get a general idea. The only thing that grabbed my attention was a huge truck - not sure if it belongs to the heroes or the villains, though. Colors: I saw lots of black and some lime.

Black and lime? Eh... Sounds a lot like the 2008 Agents line. How were the figures?

Lime sounds cool. Are they agents in tuxedos and such or the same outfit as the old Agents?

-Sci

Ooh, nice! Were the images online, or in a retailer's catalog?

More like a typical jet pilot, really. The text beneath the art says: Agents vs Tornado.

And its definitely more like the previous Agents' gear, no tuxedos. :sadnew:

Who's this Ogel everyone's talking about? Was he the villain for adventure's? Also, black and lime sounds great, I've always liked that combination and it is probably going to be more appealing than the blue-orange (which I also loved).

More like a typical jet pilot, really. The text beneath the art says: Agents vs Tornado.

And its definitely more like the previous Agents' gear, no tuxedos. :sadnew:

Aw, that would have been so cool! Are the villains crazy and stuff? Can you describe the figs?

-Sci

Hmmm? A Villain Group called "Tornado" with a kind of weather theme going on would follow well from "Inferno". It would not surprise me if the really big truck is the new Ultra Agents HQ. The original Mobile HQ is still one of the 10 best Lego sets ever made.