Sign in to follow this  
Horatio-Caine

Blacktron Revenger

First of all, happy 2014 everyone!

What better way to kick the New Year off with a new MOC. Not just that, what you are about to see is pretty much a fresh format, almost like a reboot. Now that POV-Ray is working well, it means that the detail is much more real compared to the old method of just using LDraw snapshots, making it almost cartoony, in some ways it does look cool and old school, however I’d much prefer it looking more real. The logos have also been given a revamp and made sleeker with an overall less excess baggage look, hopefully you’ll enjoy seeing the changes as much as I enjoyed working on them come together.

Right, my next MOC you might recognise is a modern nod to a certain older Blacktron ship design Lego released in 91, and one of their best in my view. There have been modern remakes of it, however I felt it was a good idea to break the mould a bit and make a bit of a different design approach.

I give you the Blacktron Revenger, while small, it makes up for it in sheer speed, agility and flexibility of being able to pretty much fit in and be a use anywhere. The fastest single piloted craft in the galaxy. Four powerful weapon heads on each of the four wings, and with top secret research and development by mischievous Blacktron scientists, the ship can fire either lasers or torpedo’s, or for even more it can fire all four lasers into one to make a more powerful destructive beam.

11676691305_5840cee508_z.jpg

11677058544_c8dcc6739e_z.jpg

11677076624_a79efe1863_z.jpg

Yellow Version

11677073704_15d2449e47_z.jpg

11676701395_5850a7b64b_z.jpg

11677487906_3158c91bda_z.jpg

And as a further extra, some more generations of it.

Future Generation Version

Yes I know, it rendered trans yellow, although I thought it looked pretty cool and a bit different but still looking like Future Generation so I kept it like that, they look more trans yellow in the catalogue pictures too to my eyes.

11676757285_8eff6c9eb6_z.jpg

11677010863_f910fa47a8_z.jpg

Blacktron 3 Version

My personal take on the Blacktron 3 look.

11677154814_5e44fe4c52_z.jpg

11676783615_5d9b2b08e1_z.jpg

11677037813_e7aec5d6b8_z.jpg

And finally some space shots.

11677187284_43569a82df_z.jpg

11677592006_a4f774713a_z.jpg

There are a lot of pictures so the rest can be seen in this link.

I also while I was at it revamped the last few MOC’s that just used the less detailed LDraw picture format.

11651375166_589af7fe93_z.jpg

11651049504_3d46ff0956_z.jpg

11651120514_1c09bd8ab6_z.jpg

11651576936_bb82094039_z.jpg

Anyway, enjoy!

Edited by Horatio-Caine

Awesome renders, and nice model! It looks a bit simple, but it also has a certain charm to it. I like the flow of the ship, and actually, I also like the ship when it's on its side.

In some way, I just would like to see motor intakes one day on one of your ships. And for this ship specifically, I would love to have a look at the cockpit interior. You're really getting this style in your fingers. Maybe it's time to ry something bigger? Imagine a big frigate, surrounded by all those little fighters? Or a hangar bay?

Nice to see you use PORay :thumbup:

Your builds looks way better that way :wink:

Thanks! POV-Ray is a lifesaver when it comes to making Lego creations when you aren't able to make it in bricks, thanks for suggesting it again in my other MOC thread.

Awesome renders, and nice model! It looks a bit simple, but it also has a certain charm to it. I like the flow of the ship, and actually, I also like the ship when it's on its side.

In some way, I just would like to see motor intakes one day on one of your ships. And for this ship specifically, I would love to have a look at the cockpit interior. You're really getting this style in your fingers. Maybe it's time to ry something bigger? Imagine a big frigate, surrounded by all those little fighters? Or a hangar bay?

Thanks, glad you like it. I admit this is simple, although at the same time out of what I have made so far it is one of my personal favourites, mainly because it flowed and came together well when designing it.

I've got good news for you based on your suggestions, as my next Blacktron MOC I am working on (I'm about 80-85% there with it), which I will next be releasing, is the biggest ship I have done, it is large, larger than anything else I have done so far which has been on the small to medium scale. Think about it along the lines of the Scimitar from Star Trek Nemesis type, so basically a sort of boss ship. Piece count when done is going to be around 1500 parts. I can picture it with these Revengers flying around it.

The hangar bay for this current MOC is a fantastic idea, might be a while but a Blacktron hangar bay full of Revengers sounds good to me, I'll have to take a look at techniques and examples of hangar bays other people have built.

And finally, I have done a render of the cockpit for you, this was the hardest bit to do, but I just managed to fit in the pilot whilst not making it too bulky in comparison to the rest of the craft.

11693074393_2f9eefa8b2_z.jpg