Sign in to follow this  
Nieks

Winter Village: Winter Market Train and station for kids

My entry for the Expand the winter village. It's an children train station with train, Christmas tree and Pretzel Stand.

11663666273_31692d7568_o.jpg

It's build on 1 16x8 module en 2 8x8 modules. The Locomotive and first train wagon will fit on the 16x8 module and the other wagon can be parked at the 8x8 ,odule of teh pretzel stand.

So the whole build included the train fits on a baseplate of 16x16.

11656794404_8575560f6a_o.jpg

To see more photo's of this build, go to see the Flickrset

Edited by Nieks

Great job! Lots of nice details are present, in particular the tree. Good luck in the contest ; we've only got one more day!

Edited by BrickRally217

Wow, a third model train in yet another scale! The station building is great: very recognizable yet so compact.

I really like this but I don't think the train off the base is allowed?

Edited by Cara

I really like this! It is very similar to what I was trying to build, but I could not get the train to look good on the 16x16.

I didn't think about putting the train separate from the base that had the ticket counter.

Good luck in the contest.

Andy D

Thanks for entering the competition Nieks.

I really like this but I don't think the train off the base is allowed?

I'm afraid Cara is right. Only minifig or minidolls are allowed outside the 16x16 stud base, also for presentational purposes. I hope you have the time today to slightly redesign your entry and submit new images for the contest.

Thanks for entering the competition Nieks.

I'm afraid Cara is right. Only minifig or minidolls are allowed outside the 16x16 stud base, also for presentational purposes. I hope you have the time today to slightly redesign your entry and submit new images for the contest.

Thanks for letting me know. I thought it was a good entry because the train can be parked inside the 16x16 area. The playability of the set, is that the train can be moved outside the baseplate. I made some additional pictures that prove the train parks on the baseplate. And I made that picture my main image.

The good thing is that I only hat to rearrange the presentation :-).

I hope this will fix the problem?

I hope this will fix the problem?

Yes, it does, but it goes for all your (maximum of 5) entry pictures. You cannot show the train separate from the base. :sceptic: I know this may sound childish, but it could significantly alter the rules of the game if we allow you to "unpack" your entry for presentational purposes with the only requirement that it can all be loaded on a 16x16 base plate.

Yes, it does, but it goes for all your (maximum of 5) entry pictures. You cannot show the train separate from the base. :sceptic: I know this may sound childish, but it could significantly alter the rules of the game if we allow you to "unpack" your entry for presentational purposes with the only requirement that it can all be loaded on a 16x16 base plate.

I removed the pictures, unfortunately I don't have the time to make new pictures!

Thanks Nieks. I'm sorry we have to be so strict. Feel free to link to the other images or a flickr set.

Thanks Nieks. I'm sorry we have to be so strict. Feel free to link to the other images or a flickr set.

Thanks, I added a link to a Flickr set whit more images.

A Christmas Market without a small train for the kids? Of course not. And this train is really brilliant. And I love the addition of a station. It's not often you see that.