Legopard

[MOC] Fire ant Water

Wonderful MOC! Love that dragon and the all ambiance of the build.. I agree with the others that the gold belly is a nice touch!

Congratulations!

Very nice build! Fantastic Smaug! He looks great, the gold coin belly is superb! I really like the tower he is sitting on too!

Whatever Lego produces in the next wave of Hobbit sets won't hold a candle to this MOC! You've done a fantastic job of representing Smaug! The way you used actual Lego gold pieces for the belly is ingenious and shows so much dedication! I love how this is more accurate to the book than the movie (curse you Jackson!) Thank you for not including a cross bow. And, as a side note to the one who mentioned it, Bard only used a black arrow in the book, so the bow itself is fine being brown.

Your buildings are also incredible! I love the way you made the roofs and your dark brown highlights on the watchtower are very nice! Your windows using the headlight bricks is a technique I've not seen before, and I really like it! I also like the small pieces of "stuff" laying around like the black wheel and the barrels. Your water is simple, but gives just the right feel. I love that you've created a feeling of depth without having to use different layers of plates to accomplish it.

My only critique is that you miss-spelled "and" in your title. Can a mod maybe change that please?

I hope I'm getting the point across that this is one amazing MOC. Incredible!

Great roofing. Also, your method of Tudor-style gives it an excellent, clean look :thumbup:

Yes, excellent work!!!

The scene is perfect and you version of smaug is great too!

Really stunning work!

markus

I normally keep to the pirates forum, but have been branching out/lurking around lately looking for inspiration and ideas. This creation of yours really impresses me. You have some brilliant parts usage going on, like the window frames and roofs. Smaug is impressive, of course, but those eyes really stand out. Again clever; using teeeth for eyes. Thanks for sharing and inspiring.