Bonaparte

Pirates Teamwork Contest

ooh, this looks great! Am I allowed to participate, even though the contest has started?

ooh, this looks great! Am I allowed to participate, even though the contest has started?

Of course you are!

As you can see there are a number of people looking still for a partner. I'm sure one of those would be happy to team up.

Drop them a PM (or maybe they'll respond to you here in this topic).

Am i correct in thinking that the set should be based on a €75 or $85 pricepoint? If so (unless many rare/expensive elements/colours appear) the set should ideally be around 850 parts? This is going by the 10 cents per peice ratio that most non license sets follow these days

Edited by Legonardo

I guess our emperor won't mind if some 85$ sets will be actually look more like 100$ sets with a discount pirate_wink.gif

Am i correct in thinking that the set should be based on a €75 or $85 pricepoint? If so (unless many rare/expensive elements/colours appear) the set should ideally be around 850 parts? This is going by the 10 cents per peice ratio that most non license sets follow these days

This post has the answer. Also have a look at the link in the answer.

I'm slightly late to the party but the modular aspect and designing "sets" rather than "dios" happens to be my area; see my posts in the Historic forums. PM me if anyone is interested in teaming up.

Can we use third party items like BrickArms in our entries?

Yes you can!

(this was actually in the contest rules, see first post of this topic)

(this was actually in the contest rules, see first post of this topic)

My apologies for not catching that before! Thanks for the reply! pirate_classic.gif

Edited by Louie le Brickvalier

This post has the answer. Also have a look at the link in the answer.

no disrespect or anything but on shop at home US that set costs $69USD (~55 euro)

Well that set is 69,99€ on most european S@H and yes the rules are a bit tricky. It should say 75 Euro (70 US dollar). You know the US price thingy I don't want to start here again ...

Anyway a rough piece count limit would be way better which I presume is around 700 +- 50.

no disrespect or anything but on shop at home US that set costs $69USD (~55 euro)

Well that set is 69,99€ on most european S@H and yes the rules are a bit tricky. It should say 75 Euro (70 US dollar). You know the US price thingy I don't want to start here again ...

Anyway a rough piece count limit would be way better which I presume is around 700 +- 50.

Next time I'll just provide a piece count instead of price point as indeed prices vary a lot per country.

In any case, aim at 700 pieces +- 100.

Awesome! :) Unfortunately I don't have the time to participate. :/ Looking forward to see the entries tho :)

Edited by inashu

A collaborative contest is a brilliant idea guys, that’s a great way of reinforcing the community spirit and having people connect.

Merging pictures of the two parts in a single view will likely be a challenge but that’s bridge we will cross when we get there.

In the meantime, it is my pleasure to announce that 6kyubi6 (France) and myself (USA) are a team!

Good luck to all and may the best team win!

would I be able to build with someone if they live in the same country as me but not the same state??

anyone wanna team up with me?

I recently purchased 2000+ pieces for water for another build but could postpone thar for this!!?

PM anyone interested!

Also does it have to look like a Lego set or can it be clearly a moc??

What I have in mind would CLEARLY have to be a moc :P