Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

Hunting in the Forest (built by my younger brother)

This MOC was built by my 11 year old brother.

The lord of the castle asked Kendrick to go on a hunt with him and Kendrick gladly agreed.

Here they come upon a buck in the forest:

overview.jpg

front.jpg

back.jpg

angled.jpg

The buck:

buck.jpg

Some hedgehogs heading back to their tunnel:

hedgehogs.jpg

He'd appreciate any comments and suggestions :classic:

You're little bother deserves praises... again :wink:

The buck is hard to distinguish, but I guess it's like that in real forests.

The trees and the river are really well done.

If I'm not wrong there is a hole in the black border to look inside the hedgehogs tunnel, right?

Edited by Bob De Quatre

This is pretty good! The river looks great, especially with the difference in height. I like the sloping borders of the river. Those plants along the shores are great as well.

It's nice to spot all the animals scattered across the landscape. That deer looks nice.

A final good point goes to the border of the base. I've never seen it so following the landscape. That's quite nice! And that hedgehoghole is a surprising addition.

If he's still looking for advice, tell your little bro to maybe give the trees more 'punch'. Some more foliage, different foliage pieces. Maybe a broken branch like the one in the river. Maybe a bird's nest tucked away in the tree. Maybe some roots reaching out for the water. I would also love to see a secondary river flowing into the main stream, or a little waterfall... but I'm dreaming again. Or not? You never know what to expect from your brother!

You're little bother deserves praises... again :wink:

The buck is hard to distinguish, but I guess it's like that in real forests.

The trees and the river are really well done.

If I'm not wrong there is a hole in the black border to look inside the hedgehogs tunnel, right?

Thanks! You're right, the hole in the border is so you can see the hedgehog's tunnel, unfortunately I couldn't get any decent pictures of it because of lighting issues.

This is pretty good! The river looks great, especially with the difference in height. I like the sloping borders of the river. Those plants along the shores are great as well.

It's nice to spot all the animals scattered across the landscape. That deer looks nice.

A final good point goes to the border of the base. I've never seen it so following the landscape. That's quite nice! And that hedgehoghole is a surprising addition.

If he's still looking for advice, tell your little bro to maybe give the trees more 'punch'. Some more foliage, different foliage pieces. Maybe a broken branch like the one in the river. Maybe a bird's nest tucked away in the tree. Maybe some roots reaching out for the water. I would also love to see a secondary river flowing into the main stream, or a little waterfall... but I'm dreaming again. Or not? You never know what to expect from your brother!

Thanks for such a long detailed comment with very helpful tips, my brother really appreciated it :thumbup:

That's really nice SK :thumbup: :thumbup: Poor reindeer :laugh: Says to your brother he is on the right way to became as his brother :wink::laugh:

The build is pretty good. If he's going for more of a forest look, he may want to make the trees taller. He might would want to add a couple more trees as well. As it sits now, this kind of looks like these are really young trees, and not much of a forest.

Otherwise than that, this is a pretty good build. Is the brook/river, suppose to be moving or still?

That's really nice SK :thumbup: :thumbup: Poor reindeer :laugh: Says to your brother he is on the right way to became as his brother :wink::laugh:

Thanks Wedge :classic:

That deer is great, as the rest of this build.

The build is pretty good. If he's going for more of a forest look, he may want to make the trees taller. He might would want to add a couple more trees as well. As it sits now, this kind of looks like these are really young trees, and not much of a forest.

Otherwise than that, this is a pretty good build. Is the brook/river, suppose to be moving or still?

Thanks for the suggestions. The water is moving, but because it's a small stream there is not much current, hence the cattails growing near the banks :classic:

Sorry...11? This kid has some serious skills! Tell him this is just as good as many great AFOL MOCs I've seen.

Thanks, he's been MOCing for a bit now and has definitely gotten to be pretty good :classic:

Thanks, he's been MOCing for a bit now and has definitely gotten to be pretty good :classic:

He'll soon be THE brother to follow on flickr :grin:

great moc for a 11y old guy.... he rox

Thanks Gunman, I can't wait to see what he does as he gets older :classic: