Sign in to follow this  
junglistjoey

Sell 8043 for 42009?

Hi people

Since I didnt get a bonus this year (after having one the previous 10years) I have no money to pay for the new 42009 crane.

I have a BNISB 8043 sitting around do I sell that for funds or not.

Its a tough one!

Ta

I enjoyed the 8043 significantly more then the 42009, I was literally numb toward the end of building the 42009 and its not nearly as playable

I say keep the 8043, you,ll be able to get a 42009 for a while. I think its a great set, but like all of them you need to do some mods to it. I,m toying with the idea to get another for all the parts, though I have enough to build two now.

IMHO, the 8043 is far better than the 42009 (which is - at least for me - very overrated... unless you apply to it the "Juergen ultimate" + "Christophe extended boom" MODs).

Also, as Skylinedan said, even the 8043 need some MODs (like the "Juergen Ultimate" package), but at least even with them the 8043 stays very close to the original design. This is not the case of the 42009 which require a full re engineering to make it... we'll... more interesting.

Also the 42009 will still be available for a while and with the MSRP price... and this is not the case of the 8042 any more.

Hmmm.

Sell the 8043 for ther crane.

NO! 8043 is a special set.

But which i like more... To be honest ... the crane ;O)

The crane is so nice and looks modern - functions are very fine. Them being slow is realistic.

Sell something else for the crane.

Absolutely/Positively/Definitely NOT!!!

I consider the 8043 to be an iconic set ... and I still have one sealed.

How badly and quickly do you need the money for the 42009? Anywhere else in your budget you can trim and save over time for the 42009? I think the crane will be around for a year or two.

The thing is, regardless of which is a better set, you can't get the 8043 anywhere anymore (well,you can - but you'll have to pay almost 320$ for it). So I say keep the 8043 and just wait until you can buy the 42009 - its not going anywhere for the next 2 years.

8043's B model is one of my favorite and for that reason alone I would keep it. Like others say you have over a year to buy 42009.

42009 was released less than 6 months ago, it will be available for at least 1 year, I think.

If I had a 8043, I would never sell it to get money for the 42009.

Keep saving for the 42009 but look for deals since this set will be around for at least another year.

I would never sell my 8043 or my 42009. Both are the best Lego Technic sets of their genre and will be highly sought after for years to come.

i got lucky and bought my 8043 1 month ago for $220 on ebay. it even had the orginal box and instructions!!

i would buy another one again over the 42009 any day of the week.