Sign in to follow this  
Bob De Quatre

[MOC] Ares - Space Marines heavy fighter

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Built around a group of Mz-2 ionic engines, also know as the "ribbon engine". The 25 engines are controlled individually by a flight computer, allowing precise and agile movements. As the ionic engines offer a constant but slow acceleration, the Ares also carry two boosters.

Two dual gauss cannons give the Ares a great firepower at long range, taking advantage of the precision of the engines.

11607401443_8a0f941086_b.jpg

11607766746_848a23bdb8_b.jpg

11607763816_bb3d0f2a41_c.jpg

11607341114_355b319197_c.jpg

11607338494_709bd4b3d9_c.jpg

This is my "Christmas build", done during the few days I've spent in my family. *so merry christmas to all of you :sweet:

Critics and comments are welcome :classic:

There isn't a single build of yours that I can pass without saying how awesome it is :grin:

And this is just a gem. The curves are very refreshing, especially in combination with the angled parts. I like that the spaceship is still flat though.

The little pieces of assymetry are very nice, and so is the combination of classic bricks and Bionicle/Hero Factory elements to enhance your build.

The cockpit is great, and you've encapsulated it brilliantly.

so what could I possibly suggest to improve it? :sweet: Nothing. I can only request a picture of how you accomplished all those curves with some kind of brilliant technique.

Thanks BEAVeR :blush:

I feel like using bionicle pieces is cheating... But I had that "gun" sitting here since a few month and it was exactly what I needed :sweet:

I like this ship! that windscreen looks always great in that position.

I do however think it's a bit strange that the engines of this ship are all that big.

Thanks guys :classic:

I do however think it's a bit strange that the engines of this ship are all that big.

Because they are ionic engines, that don't produce a lot of thrust... So you have to put a lot of them :wink:

And it looks cool :sweet:

Wow the ship looks awesome, I love the curved design!

Edited by Kelso

Although the design is completely different, I am getting a very "Independence Day" Alien-fighter feel from this... it is impressive to say the least! I am sure this would look much more appealing in brick form, definitely something worth undertaking.

Although the design is completely different, I am getting a very "Independence Day" Alien-fighter feel from this... it is impressive to say the least! I am sure this would look much more appealing in brick form, definitely something worth undertaking.

I hope someone could built it, since I can't do it myself :hmpf_bad:

AWESOME creation 'Bob', I like the purple ion thrusters and those quad cannons......packing plenty of heat eh ? :grin:

Brick On Fight On 'Bob De Quatre' ! :grin:

SPACE MARINES! I love the curves and rounds on the back for the engines. Man if I built that I'd be flying it around my living room strafing the cat and annoying the wife and kids... Those forward guns would blast the tyranid hordes to hell. Pew pew pew... is it built?