Sign in to follow this  
Captain Golden Hook

Another ship

[pid][/pid] 156D

This is a ship I built for fun, the tumblehome is in the style of the christine (by sebeus)

here is the link to sebeus's ship http://www.eurobrick...showtopic=90011

not quite brig, not quite galleon, here she is!

11467918483_0ab79aa1b5.jpg

image by captaingoldenhook, on Flickr

some more photos:

11604591523_8b2c7f75de.jpg

11605137426_54db80d1fa.jpg

Hope you like it ;P

Not bad, I think the bow section looks extremely bulky though, maybe make it a bit longer and more narrow over there,

A possible sollution could be to use a combination of slopes and curved bricks, like I did for my polacca:

dsc07717.jpg

The first cannon ports are fakes (there's no cannon behind them) but they do complete the sides of the ship.

Other than the bow It looks good,

I'd like to see a picture of the stern and maybe a picture with it alongside the Eclipse.

Since they have a similiar color scheme it would make a nice fleet pirate_classic.gif .

Edited by Sebeus I

Yes, this ship is certainly outclassed by the Eclipse -in both design and size. However it is good to get feedback and make my mistakes more obvios so I can get constructive feedback (thanks sebeus, much appriciated ;P)

Cool ship, I think that it's relatively easy to improve it (at least in theory): a more narrow bow, more length, and perhaps a second mast (I don't know how much parts you have to do such things, I only say it)...

Can we know the name?

Friendly,

Commodore Ariel.

I have many extra masts, but at the moment I was saving them for the man-o-war I will make hopefully soon and the black pearl I made for my sister. I have many extras (thanks to a few bricklink purchases) so I can. and yes, I have bought another midsection and I should narrow the bow. I am on vacation so I cannot do it right now.

I don't know what the name is, I think I will let the public choose ;P