Jodocus

AoM Inn Phase Three - Jester's Inn

Some time after the ale business really took off in Jester's Beer Garden... Jester thought it high time to build a decent inn - a roof over their heads while working and a pleasant lodging for guests. With an vending window at street level for serving ale to passers-by. While they were at it, they also renovated the ruined tower and put Jester's Mitgardian colours on top of it.

And, as a gesture to the recently undervalued PR Skills of Fool, Jester agreed to Fool painting the inn in his FAVOURITE COLOURS RED AND YELLOW. Jester has finally recognized that Fool's tantrums are a force to reckoned with...

That's how the small Mitgardian town of Falconia came by its very first official inn: "Jester's Inn".

hpim1158.jpg

hpim1159.jpg

hpim1161.jpg

And while Jester's making loads of money...

hpim1164.jpg

... and can't stop smiling now that he's firmly on his way to Fame and Glory and Living Large... maybe in time... a knighthood to buy?...

hpim1168.jpg

... the officer of the Facon Guard comes rushing into the little square to check up on some missing soldier skirking his duties...

hpim1170.jpg

... and finds his quarry... as well a some snowballs... pelted by Fool, who, again, has been drinking a wee to much...

hpim1172.jpg

hpim1176.jpg

hpim1178.jpg

hpim1184.jpg

Fool and Jester's adventures to be continued... :pir-laugh: Thanks for looking!

(more pics on Jester's Brickshelf)

yeah, this is really great. Totally nice half timbered section, nice angles and as always a nice and classy feel to it. You really got it going there Jodocus!

I love how you set the red portion of the inn at an angle to the yellow section :thumbup: I'm still impressed with how old-school your builds seem, yet they still look so great :wub:

Great way to finish off your Inn phase builds!

This is one of my favorite builds to date! You have a knack for combining old lego pieces with newer building styles. It's incredible! I wouldn't change a thing, everything is perfect!

I love your old school building style- you combine more modern techniques with older techniques, yet bring out this old school feel that is just amazing. I love the angled top to the tower, and the angled red section. Great work!

Thnx everyone - you make me blush :wub:

I really enjoyed this build - and the result. Glad you like it!

If only Lego had released something like this in the 1980´s!! I love it! The angles, the colors and the happy faces just bring a happy smile to my fac! Great to have you here!

Fantastic build! The structure is excellent, fig posing is spot on.

I do think the snow on the roof might look a bit better if it was either tiles or curved slopes. Just my $0.02

Wonderful build, this is the level all phase 3 builds should be :classic:

This MOC reminds me of the old "guarded inn" set, but at a much more realistic scale. Your attention to detail and story writing are excellent. Keep the builds coming!

Thnx everyone :wub:

To mrcp6d: Thnx, I'll remember the advice on the snow/tiles... :wink:

Really awesome build Jodocus. I like the angled section a lot! And the border style.