Sign in to follow this  
soccerkid6

The Town of Daydelon

This is an entry for the Medieval Town category of the Colossal Castle Contest. My younger brother, whose builds I often post in Historic Themes, helped me build this. There are three buildings in the scene: a bakery (the red building), a inn (the tan building), and a church. All the buildings have full interiors and all the doors work.

I'm quite pleased with how this turned out and it will be staying together a bit longer than my builds generally do (a few days at least :laugh: ).

I'd like to receive UoP credit for: half-timbered Tudor style [Architecture], stained glass [General Building], and city scene [Anthropology] = 3 credits

Daydelon has become a very busy town. The church in the center of town has had many new buildings spring up around it, including a bakery and inn:

11588649224_0474db101d_b.jpg

l.JPG

l2.JPG

l3.JPG

r3.JPG

r2.JPG

11589154686_60d2b783c6_o.jpg

11588534003_a80d9336e0_b.jpg

To see more pictures go here

All C&C welcome :classic:

Edited by soccerkid6

compact and ful of content mate... great job! *u wont quit making interiors for sure xDD

Very nice build overall, and many nice details! The unorthodox base shape also looks very good.

Good luck in the challenge!

Definitely UoP +1 for all the credits claimed. Havn't thought about claiming a credit for a roof technique as well? :wink:

Love the tangled city lay out - real medieval feel to it all.

Also like the animals in the street adding to the atmosphere! :laugh: Well done SK! Good luck in CCC.

Wow love it! :wub: Really liking the octagon base, and that every building has an interior :classic:

Thanks! The octagon base was a fun change from my normal rectangles :classic:

compact and ful of content mate... great job! *u wont quit making interiors for sure xDD

Thanks Gunman, and I definitely won't stop making interiors :laugh:

Very nice build overall, and many nice details! The unorthodox base shape also looks very good.

Good luck in the challenge!

Definitely UoP +1 for all the credits claimed. Havn't thought about claiming a credit for a roof technique as well? :wink:

Thanks Gideon, and I no I hadn't thought about asking for credit for the roofs as I forgot there was a roof certification in the UoP :blush:

Love the tangled city lay out - real medieval feel to it all.

Also like the animals in the street adding to the atmosphere! :laugh: Well done SK! Good luck in CCC.

Thanks Jodocus, I was trying to make the layout feel like a real medieval city, I'm glad you thought it did :classic:

I love how all of this detail is compacted into such a small space! I really like the idea of an octagon base.

The fact that it's fully furnished is also a plus.

The snow effect is also very nice!

Great job SK

UoP DoH +1 for all credits.

I was barely able to see the stained glass technique, though, as most of the pictures won't show up for me. The brickbuilt.tk site won't show up on my Google Chrome or IE. This page doesn't even want to load on IE. The only images that show up are the ones on your Flickr page.

I really like the atmosphere of this build. It feels both cramped and Mitgardian. How many CCC entries are you up to now?

I love how all of this detail is compacted into such a small space! I really like the idea of an octagon base.

The fact that it's fully furnished is also a plus.

The snow effect is also very nice!

Great job SK

Thanks Penkid, I really wanted to do an octagonal base, but that makes the base a fair bit smaller than a normal rectangle or square, I think it worked well for this build :classic:

UoP DoH +1 for all credits.

I was barely able to see the stained glass technique, though, as most of the pictures won't show up for me. The brickbuilt.tk site won't show up on my Google Chrome or IE. This page doesn't even want to load on IE. The only images that show up are the ones on your Flickr page.

Thank you, sorry about that, I'll be getting a new webhost soon and then that problem should go away.

I really like the atmosphere of this build. It feels both cramped and Mitgardian. How many CCC entries are you up to now?

Thanks! I wanted it to feel cramped without being too crowded, I'm glad you like it. This is my fourth entry so far, but I have two more ready to post :wink:

Great base, not the shape they usually come in.

The snow on the roofs looks really good.

Thanks, I hadn't seen an octagonal base before so I thought it would be unique :classic:

Awesome, I really like the layout and love the windows in the churches bell tower. Great job!

Awesome work great detail.

Awesome, I really like the layout and love the windows in the churches bell tower. Great job!

Thanks Torgar :sweet: I'm glad you like those windows, they were what took me longest to design in the whole build (I couldn't figure out what style of windows to do for a while) and I really liked the way they turned out.

Great stuff SK!

+1 for the UoP

Thanks Kayne!

Great build. Highlights are the octagonal base, and the animals in the streets. Great street layout too!

Thank you, one of the goats and the pig were gifts from Christmas so I wanted to use them :classic:

Love it! The cramped feeling really gives the build the -oomph- it needs.

The snow effects and details are fantastic. Interiors? I don't know how big your fingers are, but it looks like it was a pain in the megablocks to arrange those! Great job!

Personally, I'd love to see more of the buildings' fronts. Having all 3 face each other leaves the viewer feeling like they're in a back alley, and not the main street a visitor would take.

The detail work is great too, so much accomplished without unnecessary bulk.

And, as many have said before, that octagonal base is making me salivate. hehe

hey sk, nice one once again. Good to see your starting to move away from castle into the more civilian aspects of towns. One thing I'd like to improved though is to give the hose more overhang, especially the black and red one could use some more of that!

Love it! The cramped feeling really gives the build the -oomph- it needs.

The snow effects and details are fantastic. Interiors? I don't know how big your fingers are, but it looks like it was a pain in the megablocks to arrange those! Great job!

Personally, I'd love to see more of the buildings' fronts. Having all 3 face each other leaves the viewer feeling like they're in a back alley, and not the main street a visitor would take.

The detail work is great too, so much accomplished without unnecessary bulk.

And, as many have said before, that octagonal base is making me salivate. hehe

Thanks, I was going for more of a tangled crowded city feel hence the houses not being in a simple straight line like a main street would be :classic:

hey sk, nice one once again. Good to see your starting to move away from castle into the more civilian aspects of towns. One thing I'd like to improved though is to give the hose more overhang, especially the black and red one could use some more of that!

Thanks kabel! And do you mean the roofs need more overhang?

A cute little town with many clever and nice solutions! I like the base and the colours on this one so much SK! Great work!

Really nice work :thumbup: :thumbup: very cramped city :laugh:

Thanks Wedge, and aren't all cities cramped :laugh:

A cute little town with many clever and nice solutions! I like the base and the colours on this one so much SK! Great work!

Thanks dG!

@sk: no, I actually meant the upper story. Yours is actually smaller than the stone base, it should be overhanging it though as you can see in this picture (of my hometown):

5166736194_5118f698d2_z.jpg

@kabel: I see what you mean now, thanks for the tip. The red building's second floor is the same size as its first (minus the bay window), you're right that overhangs look better and are more realistic. I did at least do a large overhang on the brown building.

Lovely little township Soccerkid! I like how different the three buildings are and the full interiors, although cramped, do look really neat! :thumbup: It was hard to see your stained glass, but finally i found some pics. UoP +1 for all 3 catagories.

ps. Just fyi, there is a way to do offset half-timbering (like you have on your tan building) with 1x1 corner posts rather than the 1x2 you have here... it does involve a bit of snot to get around the corner and still be able to put plates on top tho, so you'll need to have even brick hights for that story. :wink: