Brickmasta

[MOC] 1966 Batmobile

UPDATE 19th of August:

Got instructions finished for this creation, you can get them for free on my blog: http://brickmasta.sinful.at/1966-batmobile-pdf-instruction/

-------------------------

After seeing B Ricks interpretation of the 1966 classic Batmobile from the legendary TV show I decided to give it a try and build one too :laugh:

11568819165_f822798723_c.jpg

1966 Batmobile by Brickmasta on Flickr

Appreciate your feedback and comments!

Edited by Brickmasta

That's just awesome... I grew up on the repeats of that show in the 70's.... very iconic and classic, and very well done, brickmasta, especially given the scale.

Nicely done. I've been wanting to try my hand at this sometime, but it's hard to compete with some of you builders.

Great job. Very fitting to the source material!

Just finished my second MOC - my take on the 1966 classic Batmobile from the legendary TV show everyone surely knows :)

Hmmzzz...

I could be wrong but did you mean MY take on the '66 Batmobile...? :wink:

I guess copying is the greatest form of flatery, ...right?

So thanks! :tongue:

And yes, it does look very good in red! :thumbup:

moc_batmobile_1.jpg

Check for more pics in my signature.

Aaaaaah it was you!! I just remember seeing a pic of this MOC back in November somewhere and remembered it shortly before christmas when I visited our Lego store and saw the Monster Fighter set :laugh: Could not find it anymore so just started building... we should put them besides each other in a pic :thumbup:

No copyright infringement intended :wacko:

Edited by Brickmasta

Aaaaaah it was you!! I just remember seeing a pic of this MOC back in November somewhere and remembered it shortly before christmas when I visited our Lego store and saw the Monster Fighter set :laugh: Could not find it anymore so just started building... we should put them besides each other in a pic :thumbup:

No copyright infringement intended :wacko:

There are no copyrights when we're playing with our lego's but it would be nice if credits go to the right person. I don't mind anyone building what I've build or heavilly influenced by what I've build. Heck, I even encourage people to do so! But you've posted it as if this build was YOUR creative idea. You make people believe that you have come up with this way of building THE Batmobile. And what's the point of it? I can't imagine you enjoying these undeserved praises and nice words you get in OUR community. Because... I've noticed you beinig active in Lego comunities with some pics of nice mocs. That Viper you've build for instance is awesome! BUT... and this is a big butt... Is that truly your own design, or did you also copy this one from someone else..? By doing so, people in the Lego community will tend to not believing you because of this behaviour... Keep in mind that the Lego-community is large, and yet o-so small... We're bound to bump into eachother sooner or later. So instead of making people believe you've come up with this Batmobile-idea, it would be nice of you to me and the rest of the lego-community to let them know I was the one that build the 'original'.

That goes for Eurobricks, but also for all the other forums where you're (and I'm) active, like Flickr and so on...

So... PLEASE do the right thing and give credit where credit is due.

Thanks in advance!

This being said... you've done a good job creating this batmobile in more authentic colors. I love it! I've been wondering how it would have looked using red bricks. I love that you have kept the hearse frontlights. It just looks so mean and it fits the carricature of this car very well. I'm wondering how the minifigs will fit your Batmobile. It's a bit hard to see how you've build the cockpit.

Truly sorry buddy I could not find your design again after seeing it back in November, so I just started building and uploaded it - will edit it in the description to your link :blush:

The Viper btw. was my own design, of course I looked at like 100 different pictures from last NnoVVember but was not even close to understand how people can build such awesome things... and then I got those two turbines in my hand and started building around it. Completely understand your point Rick :classic: