Sign in to follow this  
Infernum

Challenge I Category B: The Watcher's Tower

indexed.gif

Dear Narthok,

Sorry to keep you waiting, but I've been supervising the work on repairing a fortress. The sides are really heating up, and it shall be full out war soon. We see spies of the Spire lurking everywhere, and the Drow are getting bolder and bolder. I'll try to keep you informed.

You would not believe the man who is lord of this crumbling fortress! He call himself the Watcher, even though he has no eyes. He wears antique armor, surely the relic of some long forgotten age. His warriors wear helmets over masks, and similar armor. The Watcher himself is a hulking man, or whatever species he is. I have certainly never seen anyone like him. He hasn't said anything about the origin of himself or the tower, but there are runes inside that speak of him, runes that must be hundreds of years old!

Even though the Watcher and his crew are an unsightly bunch, I'm fine, as I'm stationed with a good group of Orcen-folk. Several different bands, but they're all good folk and soldiers.

I'll write you again soon,

Garthonkk

dscn1460.jpg

The full build, probably my best yet!

dscn1448.jpg

The courtyard. Note the Crypt type thing. The large Orc with a beard is the one writing the letter.

dscn1461.jpg

A ruined tower.

dscn1455.jpg

The Watcher... Well... Watching.

dscn1469.jpg

I gave the stained glass a light-up effect!

That's my five pics, but more are here! http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=537719

For the glory of Nocturnus!

Edited by kabel

That's great :thumbup: :thumbup: I like in particular the architecture :wink:

The watcher is creeeeepy...

Yeah, that head is kind of spooky.

The colors here are excellent and the structure is great as well. Nice MOC!

Great texturing on the walls, I especially like the ruined one on the left :thumbup: The courtyard looks great and the light up window is a a really cool detail. Also as I've said before, those battlements are pretty sweet :classic:

That's great :thumbup: :thumbup: I like in particular the architecture :wink:

Thanks Wedge!

Great figs, those helmets work well on the Gundabad orcs. Nice build all round!

Thanks! The Gundabad orcs are great for customizing!

I agree, this is one of your best! The watcher is creeeeepy...

Thanks! Personally, I really like the fig, but I keep him a few feet away from me. :grin:

Yeah, that head is kind of spooky.

The colors here are excellent and the structure is great as well. Nice MOC!

Thanks!

Very nice build .

Thanks Dr. Cogg! :classic:

Great texturing on the walls, I especially like the ruined one on the left :thumbup: The courtyard looks great and the light up window is a a really cool detail. Also as I've said before, those battlements are pretty sweet :classic:

Thanks SK! :sweet:

I love the ruined feeling you pulled off here, great job!

Thanks Torgar!

Excellent job! The WIP's looked good, but the finished project is great

Thanks Kayne! I think WIP shots really helped me see what needed to be improved, and all the feedback was great!

Great work here mate! The texture on the walls and the whole thorned feeling to it is lovely! Well done!

Lots of nice details, well done! I especially like the texturing on the walls. The overall feel is great, although my limited imagination struggles a bit when all the battlements visible are "pointed inwards", I assume that a similar set or even more impressive is "to be imagined pointed outwards"?

really excellent ruin infernum. You also seem to have solved some of your photography isssues. Nice one!

Great work here mate! The texture on the walls and the whole thorned feeling to it is lovely! Well done!

Thanks DG! Are you planning on entering the challenge? :classic:

Lots of nice details, well done! I especially like the texturing on the walls. The overall feel is great, although my limited imagination struggles a bit when all the battlements visible are "pointed inwards", I assume that a similar set or even more impressive is "to be imagined pointed outwards"?

Thanks Gideon! You're absolutely right about the battlements, they're in plain (imaginary) sight. :wink:

really excellent ruin infernum. You also seem to have solved some of your photography isssues. Nice one!

Thanks kabel! :sweet:

Edited by Infernum