Dat Lego

The Future Of Power Functions

@ronenson, I'll ask my students after the christmas holidays.

@aurly: well, I totally agree as a tech teacher, but... LEGO has to live with international policies about such a things, apart from that LEGO not always seems to think what we think , on the other hand, they have involved AFOL's in the PF development process.

I have a Samsung note 10.1, but I couldn't find any app. Too bad, because it has ir.

search the google app store for 'lego power functions'. There's two come up, both by the same developer. I installed the one with the black background.

search the google app store for 'lego power functions'. There's two come up, both by the same developer. I installed the one with the black background.

Thanks, but I can't find it. It's probably not suited for my device. Google app store filters apps out if they don't fit on the device.

Simple math in terms of battery box size... 6 1.5V batteries equals 9V. Not much change to be had there.

They could make a 3 battery that uses a buck boost converter.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.redfishlab.samsungs4speedremoteforlegopf

As noted samsung uses a special Ir Apiece for S4. In kit-kat there is an Api but still very few devices with ir and no promise that it works with programmable of codes with adress and speed.

yep that's the one!

https://play.google....remoteforlegopf

As noted samsung uses a special Ir Apiece for S4. In kit-kat there is an Api but still very few devices with ir and no promise that it works with programmable of codes with adress and speed.

Thanks. It says "This app is incompatible with all of your devices." The UI does look easy and simple. At least I know what it looks like.

Does any Apple product have IR?

What do you all think TLG will do with Power Functions? Do they intend to modify the system or anything?

Does any Apple product have IR?

What do you all think TLG will do with Power Functions? Do they intend to modify the system or anything?

I don't think any of the i-devices have built-in IR. There are 3rd party IR devices that can connect to the headphone jack to remote control your TV, DVD, etc.

indeed, i-devices don't have IR (well, apart from the remotes, but that is a different thing).