GiotarizAFOL

REVIEW: 60048 "Rogue Hideout"

gallery_2351_18_164.gif

Hello Eurobricks!

First post, and first Review, hope this works ;) :classic: :classic:

WARNING: lots of links.

Yesterday I went to a big shopping center in Valais, Switzerland, and they had the entire 2014 line-up for City and Ninjago, so I took this set.Pics are awful because I don't have my DSLR, so I had to use my Iphone, and no white background. LET'S GET STARTED!

BOX: Normal city box, we already know that one :sceptic:.

11554596124_f290dabf8d.jpg

here is the box.

INSTRUCTIONS: normal city instructions, we get three of those and three numbered bags. One builds the hot rod,another the police truck and the last one the hideout.

11554567495_f97f09769f_c.jpg

DREADED STICKER SHEET: not many stickers, only for the policeman's ride

11554531485_ef19888bcb_c.jpg

BAG ONE PARTS: nothing new, like the dark pearl engine part, love the nose part and that treasure. Only new piece is the golden tap piece (in chest in pic 2).

11554511515_6911f3c2fb_c.jpg

11554503474_22329247b8_c.jpg

BAG ONE BUILDS: A lovely hot rod car, very 1950s US style. :wub:Too bad it has no lights... :thumbdown:

11554658276_4906ed13b6_c.jpg

11554538604_7b773fdccf_c.jpg

BAG TWO BUILDS: The police SUV or dog carrying truck. Nice, but very standard. Very similar to the dirt bike transporter set, still nice looking, and the new police colors are OK. :thumbup:

11554482475_06a2f86034_c.jpg

WIP shot, veeeery standard build :sceptic: :cry_sad:

11554623956_774b492ee7_c.jpg

the finished truck, once again veeery standard. not sure about it being nice. :wacko:

BAG THREE BUILDS: a nice hideout, with a lovely side trapdoor and a submarine sight (hm... submarine homes? :wacko:) The house could also be used in war mocs or as an abandoned house.

11554595886_9308113bcf_c.jpg

The parts. LOTS of very cool brick-bricks, including new 4 studs long bricks!

11554509444_6391b347e2_c.jpg

Details of the lovely brick wall, with a very pet shop-ish trapdoor

11554572334_fd2601129c_c.jpg

11554713823_97a0cdaf80_c.jpg

MINIFIGS: 3 normal figs, nothing special or fancy. 2 dogs, and one of the new policemen, which can't go together with the old ones, thay're too different (sorry for the minifig-racism, LOL)

11554661643_6d95a8f681_c.jpg

OVERALL LOOKS: a nice set, mainly for the hotrod and the hideout.

11554497975_f7b6eda84f_c.jpg

In the pic the first burglar has left the other one and ran away with the hot rod... :laugh: :grin:

MINIFIGS: 7/10: normal ones, nice new police guy and normal burglars.

BUILDS: 7.5/10: nice for hotrod and for hideout, boring for the truck.

PARTS: 8/10: new brick bricks!! yayyyyy :classic::thumbup::wub:

PLAYABILITY: 8,5/10: very high playability, three vehicles. :thumbup:

DESIGN: 7.5/10: lovely hotrod pickup, nice building, police truck is veeery repetitive.

Gio's ratings: 7.5 out of 10, good but a bit expensive. Got it for 40 swiss francs, or CHF. The truck is nothing new, but the other two things are worth it, really. :classic: :classic:

Glad you made a review on this, the first one on EB :grin: . Anyway, I checked out your picture links and they seem to work for me, don't know why it doesn't work for 'SnapLock' and 'SirBrickalot' :look:

I think the difference in the police uniforms can be explained, in the U.S., anyway, by considering them police officers from different agencies. Here, we have a wide array of different law enforcement agencies with overlapping authorities. So just as the different-uniform "forest police" are park rangers, the "old" police could be considered the city police, and the "new" police might be the state or county police. :)

Edited by polarscribe

First off, thank you for the review. All the links work for me so far. Any chance you could embed the images into the main post? It would really make the whole thing stand out.

First off, thank you for the review. All the links work for me so far. Any chance you could embed the images into the main post? It would really make the whole thing stand out.

I'd love to, just I don't know how to! :grin:

11554596124_f290dabf8d.jpg

Easy (ok, not easy to find): use the "share this photo" function, which is the icon of a box with the arrow pointing out of the top right hand corner of it on the right of your screen. Then choose the "pin" option and copy the link, which gives you all you need to post the picture and a link to that picture on Flickr.

Easy (ok, not easy to find): use the "share this photo" function, which is the icon of a box with the arrow pointing out of the top right hand corner of it on the right of your screen. Then choose the "pin" option and copy the link, which gives you all you need to post the picture and a link to that picture on Flickr.

Thanks! put the pics up, now is way better :) ;)

Thanks for making this little review. I am looking foreward to this set. I think I like the ratty little shacks in some of these sets we have, now. I wonder how many there are all together. :sweet:

put the pics up, now is way better :) ;)

Definately. :classic:

So now they are making a 1x4 version of the masonry brick. Hmm, interesting. I just have to wonder....why did the crooks steal the kitchen sink? :laugh:

Very nice review. Well detailed through the building process and good rating system.

I have some reviews id like to post but I'm not sure how. Can anyone help?

Very nice review. Well detailed through the building process and good rating system.

I have some reviews id like to post but I'm not sure how. Can anyone help?

Try this thread to get help from seasoned reviewers: http://www.eurobrick...opic=20631��<-- Note the rules you'll need to follow to participate!

I like this set a lot. The hot rod is nice, if really small, and the hideout similarly makes very efficient use of relatively few pieces. Even the truck is pretty cool and IMO exceeds the design of previous dog units which were more minivan-like. This truck is a true SUV and my only real complaint about it is the flat white color scheme. I would've been nice if they used more blue bricks or something to make it pop a little more, but I guess you could do that yourself if you had the right bits in your inventory.

Edited by gunm

Thanks for the review, been thinking about this set myself and will have to buy it soon (probably for use as a trackside shed for my trains). Hotrod looks great, not so taken with the 4x4 though.

Strange choice about the 1x4 bricks: 1x3 would have been more useful (given you could just use two 1x2s to replicate the 1x4) though guessing masonry pattern on the 1x3 wouldn't work/wouldn't match up with other bricks!

Edited by BricksMcgee