Phantom59

What I got for Christmas

Is it bad when you can't remember all of the sets you got for Christmas?

This year wasn't as large as a haul in regards to size, but financially it was probably about the same.

Town Hall

VW Van

Sopwith Camel

Jabba's Sail Barge

Dol Guldur Battle

Dol Guldur Ambush

Mirkwood Elf Army

Laketown Chase

BTTF CUUSOO

Winter Village Market

Thanksgiving Feast polybag

and then a LUGBulk order to come to round things out.

It was a good year, yet again.

I received:

Dol Guldur Ambush

Mirkwood Elf Army

Lake-town Chase

Silver Mine Shootout

Dol Guldur Battle

Pirate Ship Ambush

Black Friday 2013 (2x)

Series 11 Minifigure - Scientist.

All in all, a great Christmas.

I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this many times before but I'd rather as well tell what I got at the most appropriate thread of Christmas presents :laugh:.

I bought myself 31009 Small Cottage and 10232 Palace Cinema.

I got myself some official sets but the one that is making me happier is the Ole Kirk's House, not the original one that would have cost me pots of money but one that I have Bricklink'ed for one third of that money, with some very minor mods, just enough that allowed me to change some of its original red to some other better color. I am waiting for the BL orders to arrive and then there will be fun!

Edited by Vee

My wife and I gifted ourselves with the Tower of Orthanc set this year. We bought it back in October during double points month, but held off on it until Christmas. She's not a huge Lego fan (she doesn't quite get my fondness of the 'toy' :laugh: ), but she is a Tolkien fan. She was so impressed by the model at the Lego store that we got one. Still haven't cracked it open, waiting for a nice quiet evening to build it together.

Got the kids Ninjago Epic Dragon Battle and the CLS-89 Eradicator Mech. They are really into the Ninjago and Galaxy Squad themes, so they were delighted to have these added to the collection.

I was given the cuuso delorian and the old dino attack typhoon. :classic:

Waiting for me under the tree was a large tub of second hand Lego pieces.

After washing and cleaning them I started sorting the pieces out. A huge bunch of orange bricks from several Sponge Bob sets (that also included a couple of 1 x 4 x 5 Transparent doors...) and three/four currently unidentified Technic sets.

It was a very Lego Christmas here.

I gave my mother a cardinal ornament; my sister a dragonfly ornament and my wife a ladybug ornament My little girl got Olivia's House, Olivia's Workshop, Mia's Puppy and Heartlake Vet; and my little boy got Duplo Numbers

And I got, the Wizard Duel, Magento's Helicopter, Spiderman and Venom and Werewolf Attack. Plus a light tent to photograph MOCs in.

Steve

What i got of LEGO was:

A lovely giftcard for the Copenhagen LEGO store. With this and my spared WIP points i should be able to get a lot of The LEGO movie sets that i really want.

I got a Halloween minifig head storage cannister.

And my favorite, a second LOTR Tower of orthac set.

So for me it was awesome. Well, as a sidenote, my sister son who is only 3 years old got a lot more LEGO than me, i envy him :P

41999 for my birthday.

Thought I was done for the year then I open the 42009 at Christmas.

Also got the back to the future set.

I got both of the Dol Guldor sets from the new Hobbit wave, the Marvel Spider-Cycle Chase, a Creator eagle polybag, and the MMV from Amazon. I haven't built the MMV yet because I'm still figuring out where to put it! :tongue:

I only got two, but there both great sets: City museum break in and 501st AT-RT and the jedi Defender class cruiser for my birthday!

Edited by Im a brickmaster.

My mother threw children at me...

Haha just kidding, this year (which was a great one in fact) I got as follows:

Cheetah's villains month comic

Monster's university on DVD, see I don't have a Blu-ray, but what am I missing out on?

Lego 79101 Shredders Dragon Bike

Lego 6860 Batcave (despite the fact that it arrived yesterday)

Oh and my personal favorite, Jabba's Palace!

And for my birthday (3 days ago) I also got:

Batgirl volumes 1 and 2 from the new 52. Art is shaggy but the writing is amazing. I'm also expecting sets 6864 and 6858 in a matter of days.

1 TB hard drive from my parents.

Like 5 Starbucks gift cards.

About $120 in cash, bought myself a Raptors hat on Boxing Day for $30. Probably gonna use some of that money to buy some new Hobbit sets this week if they're on sale.

We have numerous topics around the forums already for people to notify the masses of their recent acquisitions, so this will be locked.