Vee

Too long for BL seller to send invoice?

I bought parts from 8 vendors from BL on December 21st. By Dec 23rd, 7 of them had invoiced their orders and 6 of them had already shipped the parts. Today it is the 24th and still one of them has not even invoiced the order yet. Besides the automatic messages sent by BL, no communication from this seller. Is this usual? Is it because of Christmas time? There is no message in his store regarding a "time out" for Christmas or the Holidays. His reviews are good but I did find one that says "4 days to invoice, 3 more days to ship, but parts were ok", something like that.

I am worried because the parts I bought from this seller had a good price and are fundamental and if s/he fails, I am sure I will not find them all at that price in one only seller.

Normally 3 days to invoice is the expectation of BL. But I think 10 days is the point BL will allow canceling the order. I wouldn't be too concerned over an extra day or two this week. It's Christmas week and many people are traveling or out of the office. The seller may have simply failed to put up a notice.

I have noticed that, whether they specifically mention it or not, some sellers only invoice/pack orders on weekends, some only on weekdays, etc. I wouldn't worry too much at this point.

Opening this thread brought me luck. The seller sent me the invoice one hour ago. Yay!

Thank you all for the positive words.

Glad your invoice finally came. This is the reason as to why I always stick to BL stores in Indonesia. Because I reside in Indonesia I could simply call the seller by phone if something like this happens. Once I had a situation where the seller didn't send an invoice after 5 days, I called the seller and informed me that he was busy with other orders as well. The invoice finally came after a week.

I usually don't mind waiting, I am patient, but I get worried if I think something is wrong with the order. It took me hours to select the sellers, which parts go with which sellers because I wanted to order all the parts in one go. If it's only a matter of waiting more than expected, then it is ok, as long as I am kept informed. Orders from PAB, for instance, take up to 17 days to arrive (after shipped). And order from France took 7. Another from Switzerland hasn't yet arrived with 11 days already past. Now I try to use mostly USA sellers: 7 out of the 8 I used for this project are from USA (and it may happen that the parts from the one European seller arrive sooner than the parts from the last USA seller...).

One time I had a seller not send me an invoice for five days, and when I contacted them, they were very embarrassed as they had gone on holiday and forgot to "lock" their store. Fortunately they let me know what was going on, how long they'd be gone, and took care of everything when they got back.

8 BL orders placed on the 21st. 6 have already arrived. One has not arrived certainly because it is the only one not from the USA. The last one, the one that took 3 days to invoice, has not been shipped yet... Blame on the Holidays! :classic: