Sign in to follow this  
jluck

Lego-A Controversial Toy

Yahoo just posted its end-of-the-year list of the most controversial toys and Lego has made the list-twice (sorta). The first time 9516, Jabba's Palace which has apparently drawn criticism from Muslim groups for being similar to the Hagia Sophia. Additionally, the Citizen Brick Breaking Bad set also made the list. Finally, they also reference the Lego Friends line for targeting female audiences with its pink colors. Who knew Lego could be so controversial?!

Edit: To fix font.

Edited by jluckhaupt

I saw that, right after "Ten things you already knew about something arranged in a list form disguised as news".

Very valid point :laugh: From what I've noticed, it's pretty much the same recycled lists year in and year out.

Not to get into religion but it was a Christian building before it was a Muslim building, so kinda a bad point I think. Besides as the article states, its pretty much spot on with the prototype. So if its offensive, its George Lucus's fault LOL

Those both have been discussed at length here. Both, in my opinion, being petty and stupid to begin with(especially in the case of 9516...a "building" made almost 40 years ago..).

All in all, no matter what or how great something is, there will always be a group of people who find something, no matter how minute, to complain about.

Edited by Legocrazy81

The Breaking Bad set shouldn't even make an appearance really as it was not an official release. It was a fan design same as all those BrickArms weapons and such. The controversy around Jabba's Palace was an absolute riot.

Edited by TheOrcKing