Sign in to follow this  
BrickmanJ

Modular Fire Station

I am going to plan and probably make a MOC modular 2 bay fire station. It will be bigger and better than the Fire Brigade set, and it will have 2 units, probably from my volunteer fire department. Do you guys think that would be cool?

Edit: I have decided on 1 of the two units, a Seagrave Maruader II Pumper. I just need an idea for the second unit. I'm thinking maybe a squad. Any suggestions?

UPDATE: The two units will be this: A Seagrave Marauder II Pumper and a Pierce Arrow XT 85' Platfrom Aerial. I am not going to have plans out for this soon, as I am very busy with other things like my new business, my regular LEGO fire department, and a replica rig as a present. I am still thinking about this and working on it bit by bit, though. You will see the units first.

UPDATE 2: The LDD rendering of the pumper is done, so I will have that here soon. I am working on the aerial rendering now. Pretty soon I will have LDD Manager. I switched back to LDD because of time and ease. MLcad doesn't work for me and LEOcad takes forever. I didn't get SR 3D.

UPDATE 3: I got LDD Manager, so now I have a parts list for the engine. I am working on the aerial.

Edited by BrickmanJ

if your going to use the fire brigade, I hope you already have it, I paid $205 US for mine 2 weeks ago.

No, it will be from scratch; no FB.

Nice little firestation you got there. In my opinion it lacks another level for a firefighter's living quaters, but otherwise it is a nice building!

Hello,

Here my LDD/MOC for an extension of the FB:

https://plus.google.com/photos/116772518025797713970/albums/5962000364429192817?authkey=CKPJ6q3QrouFcQ

10197_-_fire_brigade+extension+v2.1.png

I had added 3 bay and extended the length of the building, so most of the fire car can stay in.

An heli ,like 60010, can land on the top

May be it can help you.

Chris

Awesome little add on! I was wondering how to store my other fire vehicles and heli - that works a treat!

Nice add on VWCharger69, but lets remember this is BrickmanJ's modular fire station post! :classic: BrickmanJ, why don't you add a Ladder Truck or a Rescue Squad rig and when are we going to see the first images of your station?

Nice add on VWCharger69, but lets remember this is BrickmanJ's modular fire station post! :classic: BrickmanJ, why don't you add a Ladder Truck or a Rescue Squad rig and when are we going to see the first images of your station?

Yes sorry.

I am going to plan and probably make a MOC modular 2 bay fire station. It will be bigger and better than the Fire Brigade set, and it will have 2 units, probably from my volunteer fire department. Do you guys think that would be cool?

Edit: I have decided on 1 of the two units, a Seagrave Maruader II Pumper. I just need an idea for the second unit. I'm thinking maybe a squad. Any suggestions?

It was just a simple suggestion as asked.

So I delete my last post and a moderator can delete the first.

Chris

Oh, it's going to be in the works for a while, unfortunately. I'm working on it steadily though. Yeah, I was thinking squad, because I don't want something as involved as a ladder, or something so little as a utility, but that runs into a problem. Every stereotypical fire station has 2 "fire trucks," when only one is actually a truck. It has a "hook and ladder," and a "fire truck," which is just a pumper. I don't want this to be stereotypical, but I want it to be nice, so I think I may be doing a ladder. I'll look into stats on that. Do you think it should be a TDA, a ladder, or a platform?

Yes sorry.

Chris

I don't necessarily mind if you show me a pic of your station, but I just wanted to tell you that the "Any suggestions?" was for another rig idea. Edited by BrickmanJ

Yes sorry.

Chris

VWcharger69, I think you have misinterpreted by post. I didn't mean for you to take down your pic.

Oh, it's going to be in the works for a while, unfortunately. I'm working on it steadily though. Yeah, I was thinking squad, because I don't want something as involved as a ladder, or something so little as a utility, but that runs into a problem. Every stereotypical fire station has 2 "fire trucks," when only one is actually a truck. It has a "hook and ladder," and a "fire truck," which is just a pumper. I don't want this to be stereotypical, but I want it to be nice, so I think I may be doing a ladder. I'll look into stats on that. Do you think it should be a TDA, a ladder, or a platform?

BrickmanJ is a TDA a tiller Ladder?

Edited by scottwb2010

VWcharger69, I think you have misinterpreted by post. I didn't mean for you to take down your pic.

BrickmanJ is a TDA a tiller Ladder?

Yeah, Tractor Drawn Aerial.

Edited by KyleJ

Yeah, Tractor Drawn Aerial.

Cheers 'KyleJ' . In that case BrickmanJ your applaince hall may have to be quite some length to accommodate the 'tiller' truck, so I would quite like to see a platform truck and see how you do the 'basket' or as we call it in the UK, the 'cage'. :classic:

Cheers 'KyleJ' . In that case BrickmanJ your applaince hall may have to be quite some length to accommodate the 'tiller' truck, so I would quite like to see a platform truck and see how you do the 'basket' or as we call it in the UK, the 'cage'. :classic:

A platform sounds nice. So, a Seagrave Marauder II Pumper and a Pierce Arrow XT 85' Platform Aerial.

A platform sounds nice. So, a Seagrave Marauder II Pumper and a Pierce Arrow XT 85' Platform Aerial.

Just looked at the Peirce web site and there is a nice photo of an Arrow XT Platform albeit a 100' platform for the Oswego F.D, but a great looking truck with the Arrow XT cab. look forward to seeing your build.

Edited by scottwb2010