JeagerEX

LEGO Minifigures series 12 will not be available until Oct 2014

I don't think this news is worth getting too upset over. If people enjoy the CMF line because they're cute characters who make nice supplements to the various themes (City, Castle, Space, etc.), then we should at least be enjoying the Movie line. Most of the movie characters still fit within what we're used to getting as CMF characters. Abe Lincoln, Shakespeare, the Panda Guy, the Coffee Guy are all specialty niche characters who will fill out my city quite nicely. I even have Emmet and Gail paired up as construction workers. The only ones I can realistically see throwing people are the three robots, since they wouldn't cleanly fit in someone's wild west setup.

Really, I envision this as only a 4-month gap between CMF themes. I'm not into the Simpsons enough to justify getting any of the CMFs. Beyond that, I can happily wait until October for the next wave.

I had intelligence that S12 and "The Lego MMORPG" will be the same thing.

After all, the "LEGO MMORPG" is based on CMF.

So we will have:

January - CMF Movie

May - CMS Simpsons

October (not September) - CMF S12.

I have no intelligence on which colour they would be tho.

After all, the "LEGO MMORPG" is based on CMF.

So we will have:

January - CMF Movie

May - CMS Simpsons

October (not September) - CMF S12.

I have no intelligence on which colour they would be tho.

Thats what I suggested, and what I was hoping for, so that's good to hear. Why exactly is it October instead of September though? Why go against schedule?

CM4S, did we ever see that picture on here? I think I saw the picture somewhere else, and I think it was a very light yellow, somewhat tan color, and I recall seeing some purple on there in the edges, so that's a possibility.

Anyone remember violet?

Sorry? I don't think your "intelligence" makes sense.

Since we've already know there are three special series to date, I don't know why MMORPG has to be equal to a normal series instead of being the fourth special series, or actually all previous eleven series are all "MMO series". Whatever, we should confirm which characters would consist of the "MMORPG series" before discussing this idea.

Edited by Dorayaki

CM4S, did we ever see that picture on here? I think I saw the picture somewhere else, and I think it was a very light yellow, somewhat tan color, and I recall seeing some purple on there in the edges, so that's a possibility.

It was included in the bunch of 2014 leaks but I can't find it in my files. :wacko: I have a smaller version though, and it's yellow.

-Sci

Sorry? I don't think your "intelligence" makes sense.

Since we've already know there are three special series to date, I don't know why MMORPG has to be equal to a normal series instead of being the fourth special series, or actually all previous eleven series are all "MMO series". Whatever, we should confirm which characters would consist of the "MMORPG series" before discussing this idea.

Well, it makes sense, whatever you think.

The MMO is based on series 7, 8 , 9 and 10.

So taking characters from MMO and placing them in a CMF series still is normal.

Why exactly is it October instead of September though? Why go against schedule?

They mean to launch the MMO in October, not in July as previously said.

Why haven't they done purple yet?

You could ask the same for the other colors left over, i don't understand why we get two green series instead of purple, tan, brown etc...

They mean to launch the MMO in October, not in July as previously said.

Since the Funcom website says "Coming summer 2014" for the MMO, that could possibly be referencing an open beta. The 'official' game launch will accompany a Series though, which will be in October apparently.

I still don't think a later release makes sense, as an earlier release could be seen as a pretty nice promo and draw people in to being interested in playing, but I guess we will have to wait and see.

I'm not sure what you're saying. We don't know what the game will be, there could be characters from all CMF series or even older Lego characters or original ones.

So here are questions you should consider or answer:

1, Why should MMO series be a normal series instead of another special series?

2, If Series 12 features MMO, what minifigures would it include? Or if CMF MMO and Series 12 are different CMF series, what minifigures would the two series include?

Edited by Dorayaki

I think going forward (Series 12 and beyond) each minifig will have a code to unlock the character in the game. They need the series as a continual promotion of the game.

I'm not sure what you're saying. We don't know what the game will be, there could be characters from all CMF series or even older Lego characters or original ones.

If you see the clips from the closed beta and so on, no minifig from series 6 or fewer is a playable character.

So here are questions you should consider or answer:

1, Why should MMO series be a normal series instead of another special series?

You speak of this as if there are chance it can be different. I can ensure you, as much as I have reported other news in the past, that we will have S12 and not MMO Series.

Whatever, since characters from S7, S8, S9 and S10 are in the game, if S12 contains characters from the game it would be just a logic choice.

They could have called TLM as "series 12" but it wouldn't have fit, since characters are too "themed". So Simpsons. S12 instead will likely portrait various kind of characters, as previous series did, so it can fit in the "numbered series".

2, If Series 12 features MMO, what minifigures would it include? Or if CMF MMO and Series 12 are different CMF series, what minifigures would the two series include?

Really don't know.

if S12 contains characters from the game it would be just a logic choice.

Sorry, did you get what the question it was?

I can ensure you, as much as I have reported other news in the past, that we will have S12 and not MMO Series.

I've seen the clips, and I know we've not seen earlier series characters playable. I don't think there are any character from CMF series would be "absent" in this game, so in my suggestion, maybe the characters from newer series are easy to obtain, while the older ones are rare beings.

I didn't expect to see an independent MMO collectible series, but it would be nice if there are. However, I stll can't understand what the thebrickfan meant with "a special line of minifigures to go along with the game".

Edited by Dorayaki

Sorry, did you get what the question it was?

Yes, and I don't know how to reply this question, as for me MMO series, or series 12, are logically to be the same thing.

The only difference I can think of is that MMO was said to portrait more minifigures from the "castle/medieval/fantasy/pirate" theme than usually portraited in other series, but after TLM series has nothing about those themes, if not remotely shakespeare, I am really looking forward for it.

Yes, and I don't know how to reply this question, as for me MMO series, or series 12, are logically to be the same thing.

The only difference I can think of is that MMO was said to portrait more minifigures from the "castle/medieval/fantasy/pirate" theme than usually portraited in other series, but after TLM series has nothing about those themes, if not remotely shakespeare, I am really looking forward for it.

That's the sweetest thing I've heard in a while. Castle/Historic fans have gotten a decent selection of CMFs, but nowhere near what City has gotten. What historic figs we have gotten often qualify as limited specialization (Roman, Shakespeare, gladiator, etc) It would be wonderful to get more medieval/fantasy stuff.

I didn't expect to see an independent MMO collectible series, but it would be nice if there are. However, I stll can't understand what the thebrickfan meant with "a special line of minifigures to go along with the game".

'

At Gamescon, a Funcom rep said the minifigs were being designed with input from both Funcom game designers and the LEGO design team. They will "work well with the game''. He also went on to say each world in the game has a hero minifig who will be present in the CMF, the worlds shown include Pirate, Castle, Space and Mythology. So it would be logical to conclude the figs in S12 will be relevant to those worlds.

But to confuse things even more they also said the long term plan was for every future CMF to include codes for the game. I wouldn't be surprised if S12 is the MMO one the Funcom rep talked about.

They could have called TLM as "series 12" but it wouldn't have fit, since characters are too "themed". So Simpsons. S12 instead will likely portrait various kind of characters, as previous series did, so it can fit in the "numbered series".

As you said, the "MMO series" could also be something like The Lego Movie series, which is very "themed", that is why it won't be the possible series 12. What TLM provided us was a bunch of characters that are more specific individuals, and perhaps the MMO game would have this kind of characters.

But to confuse things even more they also said the long term plan was for every future CMF to include codes for the game. I wouldn't be surprised if S12 is the MMO one the Funcom rep talked about.

Well, I thought what "features MMO" should be the "characters". If it's just adding codes to them, it'd be alittle weird because it sounds like the game would be offline when series 13 comes. :look: Unless TLC have other strategies and they won't use physical CMF series to promote this game.

As you said, the "MMO series" could also be something like The Lego Movie series, which is very "themed", that is why it won't be the possible series 12. What TLM provided us was a bunch of characters that are more specific individuals, and perhaps the MMO game would have this kind of characters.

Well, I thought what "features MMO" should be the "characters". If it's just adding codes to them, it'd be alittle weird because it sounds like the game would be offline when series 13 comes. :look: Unless TLC have other strategies and they won't use physical CMF series to promote this game.

I disagree. I don't find any reason why this would lead to have the game offline when series 13 comes, if it comes.

I disagree. I don't find any reason why this would lead to have the game offline when series 13 comes, if it comes.

No. In theory TLC and fans would expect both the online game and CMF series to run as long as it can. If only series 12 comes with the information of the game, that means the following series would no longer do with the game. I don't think it could happen.

No. In theory TLC and fans would expect both the online game and CMF series to run as long as it can. If only series 12 comes with the information of the game, that means the following series would no longer do with the game. I don't think it could happen.

Why not? Binding Series 12 to the game doesn't mean it will be bound forever.